PayPal UK Community Chat – 29/11/2017

PayPal_Martin

Hi everyone!

We will be on hand today facilitating the UK Moderator Chat starting on Wednesday 29 November between 4 pm and 6 pm GMT.

We will be available between the above times to answer any PayPal related questions - or just to have a quick chat. We are going to leave this thread open for questions until the chat ends on 29 November.

When you see our threads showing as being live on the UK Community, do not be afraid to ask your questions before the scheduled time. If we do not respond to you during the day, we will get back to you within the scheduled times.

If there is anything that you would like to ask, please feel free to stop by.

Talk to you soon!

Martin

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PayPal_Martin

Hi Martin, just a request really. I have noticed that I get quite a lot of kudos from answers I have given years ago.

I had one today for a post from 2012.

Trouble is that some of that advice is no longer correct as terms and conditions etc have changed and I feel bad that they have inaccurate information.

Is there anyway that Paypal can 'cull' threads over for eg 5 years old so that a google search does not bring up out of date information?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Martin

Hi @kernowlass,

Yes, we are aware this happening and have passed this on this feedback. We cannot delete any post now and we are trying to archive more responses.  

I hope that we will have a resolution to this in the near future.

Thanks for the comment.

Martin

Login to Me Too

seowth
Contributor
Contributor

To whom it may concern,

I have been using PayPal for many years now.

I used to reside in the UK and am now in the US. I have had a personal account in both places for awhile now(total of 2 accounts).

I now require a business account in the US and wish to close the UK personal PayPal account that hasn't been in use for a couple of years now.

I want to use the email address of the UK PayPal account as my business account in the US. 

I've been reading some previous posts about this in the community forums and found this post:

/t5/Archive/how-do-I-change-my-country-on-Paypal/td-p/381966/page/7?profile.language=en-gb

On page 7, a moderator named David says:

"If you have moved to a different country, you can either close your current PayPal account so that you can use the same email address to create a new account or you can keep your current account open and create a new account in the country that you are living in at the moment."

Is this correct? Can i close my UK PayPal account and open a new PayPal US business account using that same email that i closed?

Please confirm.

And if not I am not allowed to, what would be the best practice as I would like my PayPal related emails to come to the same mail box.

I've read somewhere that i can add periods to my email when i sign up and i will still get mails to the correct email address as if there were no periods.

For example if my current email address for PayPal account 1 is "123(at)gmail.com" can i make my new PayPal business account 2 to be "1.23(at)gmail.com"?

I have tested this by the way, it seems PayPal considers "1.23(at)gmail.com" to be different than "123(at)gmail.com" when signing up. I just am unwilling to fully proceed with setting up the account yet without being absolutely sure hence why i'm posting here.

I have also tested if i will receive emails at the original "123(at)gmail.com" if I email "1.23(at)gmail.com" and it works - i do receive emails at the first email if i email the 2nd email.

Your help will be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Wishing you wellness,

TH

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Martin

Hi @seowth,

In this case, I would recommend you close the UK account, this will free up the email address so you can use it on any other old or new account. 

In regards to the Gmail address with or without punctuation symbols, this is correct Gmail do not differentiate but PayPal does. I would recommend sticking to one format, as we do not want funds going to the wrong account or not being accepted because the email address in whatever format has not been confirmed on the account.

Thanks

Martin

Login to Me Too

3than
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I've recently recieved an email saying my PayPal is being closed and my funds won't be avaliable for 180 days because I'm "risky", I don't understand what I have done to be deemed as risky. Also this is completely ruining daily stuff I do as I use PayPal for a lot of things and they're holding money from me without even giving a reason, I've contacted you guys by phone, email and twitter and all that's been said is we have no idea what's happening you have just been deemed risky? I'm really annoyed about this situation even more annoyed that my money is being held I would really like to get my PayPal back and find out why you guys think I'm risky and try and solve it how should I proceed with this?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Martin

Hi @3than,

Unfortunately, we do not discuss any account specific issues on this platform. You will need to continue the complaint process through your actual PayPal account.

Thanks

Martin

Login to Me Too

3than
Contributor
Contributor

Can I ask why that can take up too two months that's so long ;/

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Martin

Hi @3than

We'll do our best to provide you with an answer or resolution to your complaint within 4 weeks. This timeframe may be extended to 8 weeks to accommodate our investigation. If we need to extend this timeframe, we'll notify you after 4 weeks and outline the investigation to date.

Martin

Login to Me Too

sleath
New Community Member

Hello, I have an account but don't have the number associcated with the account or any sort of identification and the account has been locked and needing one of those to verify it. It has money on there which I have just received and need, how do i get into this account? Please help @PayPal_Martin

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.