Software update for Paypal Here Card reader

energyman
New Community Member

I've just received my new card reader today and downloaded the app to my ipad. When I turn on the reader it says a software update is required. After about a minute the reader turns off/ blank black screen and although it said a connection had been made to the ipad, this changed to the request for a software update. What do I need to do. Thanks.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi energyman,

Sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with this. 

Can I check, have you tried to do a factory re-set, if not here's how:

1.  Locate the small opening next to the power button on the Chip & PIN card reader.
  2.  Insert a pin into this opening and hold it until you see the green triangle flash 8 times and one asterisk sign lit up. This indicates that the device has undergone a factory reset.

Please let us know if you are still experiencing issues with this, 

Siobhan

Login to Me Too

JimmyT2
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there, I am having the same problem.  I purchased the Paypal here reader today and after charging,powering and connecting to my iPad successfully, the reader briefly flashed 'ready to accept payments' etc, then changed to stating 'Software update required'.

How so I initiate the Software Update?

I have tried the factory reset but the message remains after powering up again.

Please advise? 

Thanks

James

Login to Me Too

Feito
New Community Member

I have done the factory reset on the PayPal device and I keep getting the same error I am process  through Lavu POS system and I am unable to process cards at this point this is a severe issue for us as a restaurant please call me back 786-356-8710. Please understand this is urgent

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.