PayPal here card reader issues

MarkGittos
Contributor
Contributor

Having tried most; if not all of the advice on this community board, I am continually frustrated in trying to get the PayPAl here card reader to work. I can get it to sync via bluetooth with my Apple iPhone 5s. Log in to the app and all my details are there, in full glory, with all the invoices I have created online, so far so good, then the one tool that I want to utilise does not appear. Available card readers shows no devices available, any advie would be gratefully received because I am getting so frustrated I feel the smashing of the product coming on

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

PayPal_Ana

Hi Mark, my name is Ana and i work for the PayPal Here team.

I'm very sorry to hear that you had problems using your reader. May i ask you what type of telephone or tablet you are using?

Sometimes it helps going to your bluetooth settings and forgetting the device from the list and pair again. Also make sure there is no other phone or tablet trying to automatically pair to the reader.

Can I ask you to try the above and let me know if it worked?

Thanks,

Ana

Ana Z
Login to Me Too

MarkGittos
Contributor
Contributor

HI Ana,

It is an Apple iPhone 5S running 8.11 IOS, I have gone through the steps suggested still no joy. I have reset the PayPal here machine, twice now, forgot the device a number of times, still the same issue every time. Any other suggestions would be appreciated

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi MarkGittos, 

We have tried to reach out to you directly, can I ask if you are still experiencing issues?

Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

MarkGittos
Contributor
Contributor

Yes Siobhan

Still having the issues. So many times I have felt like throwing the bleeding thing. The bluetooth picks up the device. Open the app and viola nothing there!!!!! HELP ME PLEASE

Login to Me Too

MarkGittos
Contributor
Contributor

Still having the issues. So many times I have felt like throwing the bleeding thing. The bluetooth picks up the device. Open the app and viola nothing there!!!!! HELP ME PLEASE

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi MarkGittos,

Sorry to hear you are still experiencing issues with this. Our PayPal Here team have tried to call you again just now but were unable to reach you. 

Can you suggest the best time to call? If you need to update the phone number registered to your PayPal account you can do this through the Profile section of your account.

Thanks, we'd like to get to the bottom of this.

Siobhan

Login to Me Too

amazon196969
Contributor
Contributor

Same issue here iwth a ZTE Blade D...just updated apps and now issue with location service, although location is set to on...I also have ZTE Qlux phone which app works on but very unstable...both phones have had connecting issues and other issues (re PPH) since using PPH app and purchasing card reader 3-4 weeks ago...I have been infromed by support to return the device for replacement as it's still under warranty...I have to travel 60km for this to happen!!! I just don't know if I want to WASTE any more time with this system and want a FULL refund!!! Plus I am highly confident it is mostly the app at fault!!! The reader f has been reset (via reset button on reader) reintall of app etc...also many issues making app very UN user friendly ...ie having to log into account each time I go into settings, or add items once done or app back button used and can't seem to include tips in transaction...(not just for each transaction but EVERYTHING else I try to do!!!)... 

Login to Me Too

amazon196969
Contributor
Contributor

Same issue here iwth a ZTE Blade D...just updated apps and now issue with location service, although location is set to on...I also have ZTE Qlux phone which app works on but very unstable...both phones have had connecting issues and other issues (re PPH) since using PPH app and purchasing card reader 3-4 weeks ago...I have been infromed by support to return the device for replacement as it's still under warranty...I have to travel 60km for this to happen!!! I just don't know if I want to WASTE any more time with this system and want a FULL refund!!! Plus I am highly confident it is mostly the app at fault!!! The reader f has been reset (via reset button on reader) reintall of app etc...also many issues making app very UN user friendly ...ie having to log into account each time I go into settings, or add items once done or app back button used and can't seem to include tips in transaction...(not just for each transaction but EVERYTHING else I try to do!!!)...

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.