PayPal Here Reader Not Connecting

kevdyas
Contributor
Contributor

I had a problem getting my iPhone 6 to connect to the reader (I have used it previously so it has worked) - Went into the Bluetooth settings and told it to 'Forget' it. Put the reader into pairing mode... doesn't show up.

Reset the reader back to Factory Defaults, Bluetooth light blinking quickly but still not showing up on my phone within the Bluetooth settings. Tried it with my iPad and my partner's iPhone 5 - still not showing up.

Struggling to think of something else to try - any ideas?!

Login to Me Too
14 REPLIES 14

Mezelmods
New Community Member

Ima having the same trouble on my iPad mini. Last four transactions had to be entered manually because reader will not connect

Login to Me Too

Korum
New Community Member

I'm having the same problem with my Galaxy S7, it can't find the Paypal Here card reader. Bluetooth lights are flashing, but no bluetooth device can be found from the Phone or my tablet.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi Korum,

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum and Welcome as a new member.

Please contact our PayPal Here team directly in relation to your issue. You can call the team on <removed> or <removed> or email us at  <removed> 

- Siobhan

Login to Me Too

Feignhpool
Contributor
Contributor
I'm having the same problem and the help team were as much use as a chocolate fireguard, basically said theirs a hardware fault you need to buy a new card reader great customer service that like
Login to Me Too

fangalang
Contributor
Contributor

the trick is to connect to the device via the paypal here app. you click on the 3 bars on the top left then "card readers" then "find and connect to readers"

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.