PayPal Here Reader Not Connecting

kevdyas
Contributor
Contributor

I had a problem getting my iPhone 6 to connect to the reader (I have used it previously so it has worked) - Went into the Bluetooth settings and told it to 'Forget' it. Put the reader into pairing mode... doesn't show up.

Reset the reader back to Factory Defaults, Bluetooth light blinking quickly but still not showing up on my phone within the Bluetooth settings. Tried it with my iPad and my partner's iPhone 5 - still not showing up.

Struggling to think of something else to try - any ideas?!

Login to Me Too
14 REPLIES 14

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi kevdyas, 

Welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with this, it sounds like a case where the reader is trying to pair with more than one device at a time. Can you try to go into all devices you have attempted to use the reader with and 'forget' PayPal Here.

If you can then begin pairing the one device you plan to use, let us know how this goes.

Thanks,

Siobhan

Login to Me Too

kevdyas
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

Yes, I have done that - the reader was only ever paired with my iPhone.

Kevin

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi kevdyas, 

We have escalated this to the PayPal Here team who will be in touch with you directly. They will be happy to look after this and help to get your issues resolved.

Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

Dazzle1
New Community Member

Can you post the resolution to this for those that are experiencing the same issue.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi Dazzle1,

Welcome to the community.

Can you provide us with further information on the issues you are experiencing and the device you are using. We'd like to help.

Siobhan

Login to Me Too

cobiggangirl
Contributor
Contributor

Haven't used my reader for a few months but now need to urgently !!   It used to work OK but now phone can't find the reader.  I've tried deleting everything and reinstalling but it still can't find it.  Software on iphone is up to date. It was OK before the problems with the new iphone software update.  

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi cobiggangirl,

Sorry to hear you are having problems connecting the reader. 

As you mentioned you have used this in the past can you please go into the phone in question and 'forget' PayPal Here from the list of available devices in the bluetooth section. 

Please then try to connect again after you have removed the app & re-installed it.

Let us know how you get on,

Siobhan

Login to Me Too

tony289
New Community Member

I have been having a similar issue. It is paired to my phone fine and then I go to use it and it has lost the pairing.

Login to Me Too

ChrisDraven

Hi There,

Im having the same problem My reader is not connecting to my iphone and Its not paired with any other device tried factory reset but nothing that the online guide states is happening can you help I need this for work asap!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.