phishing email received but unable to forward to spoof@paypal.co.uk

slider7788
Contributor
Contributor

hi, i received an obvious paypal phishing email today (my first) and am advised in the help pages to forward said email to spoof@paypal.co.uk...

unfortunately, when i try to 'send' it, it's repeatedly rejected as being either spam or containing a virus

therefore, plus still wishing to alert paypal to the details of this phishing email, my only other option is to post a copy of it here hoping that it will thus be brought to the attention of paypal's legal department...

PS. i don't recommend clicking on any of the below contained links unless you are a paypal security officer protected by appropriate security containment measures!

PPS. in order to post this message i have had to remove the original senders mailto link attached to the service at paypal.co.uk link below in the 'from' box

the link it was addressed to is:  mailto:jessica-AT-darosinformatica.it

cheers...

Subject Uρdаtе thе ассоunt ѕtаtuѕ Fromservice-AT-paypal.co.uk To   Date Today 05:59

To protect your privacy, remote images are blocked in this message. Display images Always show images from jessica-AT-darosinformatica.it

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Υоuг РауРаl ассоunt nееdѕ уоuг hеlр

Ηеllο Dеаг сuѕtοmег!

Рlеаѕе hеlρ uѕ tο Ьгіng уοuг ΡауΡаl ассοunt bасκ іn οгdег.
Untіl thеn, wе hаνе tеmροгагіlу геѕtгісtеd уοuг ΡауΡаl ассοunt аccеѕѕ.

Whеге іѕ thе ρгоЬlеm?

Wе wаnt уοu tο сοnfігm ѕοmе οf уouг ассount іnfoгmаtіon.

Whаt dο I dο nοw?

Lοg іn tο уοuг РауРаl ассοunt аnd gо tо уоuг
сοnflісt геѕοlutіοn раgе. Τhеге уοu саn ѕее whаt іnfοгmаtіοn еχасtlу
wе nееd fгοm уοu tο ѕuЬmіt . Αnd уоu саn ѕее аt а glаnсе,
thаt уοu саn ѕtіll uѕе thе funсtіοnѕ οf уοuг ΡауΡаl асcοunt

Wе wіѕh уоu а lоt оf ѕhоρρіng fun wіth РауРаl ρауmеntѕ !

Lіnκ dоеѕ nоt wогκ? Соρу аnd ρаѕtе thе lіnκ Ьеlоw іnto thе аddгеѕѕ bаг of уouг bгowѕег:
http://cgi-bin.webscr.update.m2iexdx9eh.u-ppl.com/?e=YW1hem9uQHNsaWRlcjcuZnJlZS1vbmxpbmUuY28udWs=

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Сοругіght 2014 ΡауΡаl. Аll гіghtѕ геѕегνеd.

NOTA DI RISERVATEZZA

Il presente messaggio ed ogni suo allegato contengono informazioni strettamente riservate. Unico soggetto legittimato a usarlo, copiarlo e, sotto la propria responsabilità, diffonderlo è esclusivamente il destinatario sopra indicato. Chiunque ricevesse questo messaggio per errore è informato che trattenerlo, copiarlo, diffonderlo a persone diverse dal destinatario è severamente proibito, ed è pregato di rinviarlo immediatamente al mittente distruggendone l'originale.

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

minty1
Advisor
Advisor

Hi slider7788

Send to spoof@paypal.com

Login to Me Too

ecurbledeux
New Community Member

I also received this and could not send it to spoof@paypal.com as it wouldn't get pat my ISP's servers.

I have informed them and tried to copy/paste the email but it converts to "code" when pasted.

This is beyond me but I am curious about how it happens. I assume it is some sort of hidden code????

My ISP has told me to send it to paypal but don't seem to understand that I can't!

Login to Me Too

ecurbledeux
New Community Member

past !!

Login to Me Too

Malrush
Contributor
Contributor
Have the same issue - will not forward email to spoof@paypal.co.uk or spoof@paypal.com. Have copied phishing email below: Sent from my iPhone Begin forwarded message: From: PayPal Customer Date: 30 June 2015 20:00:23 BST To: Subject: Update Your Account Information ! Notice of changes to the PayPal user agreement. Dear Customer, Log in to your PayPal account as soon as possible We have recently encountered a problem in your account. when you created your PayPal account to make sure you're the account holder Click the Activation link and Follow the instructions. ! Activation link Get more out of your account Now is the time to make your PayPal account even more useful: Paypal Account Overview Get up-to-date information about your payments. Get notifications of important information, like changes to PayPal policies. Add or withdraw money from your PayPal account. See a detailed transaction history. Yours sincerely, PayPal Help Center | Security Center Please do not reply to this email because we are not monitoring this inbox. To get in touch with us, log in to your account and click "Contact Us" at the bottom of any page. Copyright [+] 1999-2015 PayPal Inc. All rights reserved. Consumer advisory: PayPal Pte Ltd, the Holder of the PayPal [+] store payment service stored value facility, does not require the approval of th e Monetary Authority of Singapore. Consumers (users) are advised to read the terms and conditions carefully. PayPal Email ID PP1642 - 1b8ddaef7324e
Login to Me Too

minty1
Advisor
Advisor

Hi Malrush

Forward to spoof@paypal.com

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Have the same issue - will not forward email to spoof@paypal.co.uk or spoof@paypal.com.

The latter one is correct so not sure why it won't go through.

However i can confirm that it is a spoof and this is why >>>

You will know an email is not from PayPal when:

•The email uses a generic greeting
like 'Dear user' or 'Hello, PayPal member’ or "Dear Customer".
•The email requests financial and other personal information.
•The email includes an attachment, a software update to install on your computer or asks you to click a link .

I give up my time to help you so a thank you or kudos would be cool.

Marking one of my replies as a solution would be appreciated if I sorted your problem.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Malrush
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks thought it was but would be good to be able to forward to Paypal so they can investigate and aim to prevent .
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.