pay pal taking funds out of my bank account instead of the credit card method

mandy8725
Contributor
Contributor

I have linked my credit card through paypal they were suppose to take funds from my credit cards but instead they took it from my bank account.I have bought 10 items now am charged 42.50 Nsf fees for each item.I am in tears My banks wants 333.00 dollars so far for NSF fees.I contacted the bank and they will not remove any nfs charges.Right before my kids start school pay pal just had to **bleep** me over like this.Now I cant use my bank account I owe all this money for nothing when i had money on my credit cards.I called pay pal and all they had to say was that the bank should take off the NSF fees well thats a fail because they just wont.I am disgusted with paypal they new I had no money in my bank account but they tryed taking cash out anyways.

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

yourup
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah,

I just had the same problem. It wasn't a big amount, but it really **bleep** you off when they can handle your accounts for you at will. I never authorized the use of my personal bank account for any purchases using PayPal and all of a sudden I see these purchases showing up on my bank statement. I'm infuriated to say the least, because on top of the fact that it created the first overdraft I've ever had in my bank account, I was charged $15 for it! Even if it were 50 cents, I won't stand for it. Banks already make too much money off of us without having the idiots at PayPal to help them! Do I sound **bleep** off?? **bleep**ed right!!!

Login to Me Too

mandy8725
Contributor
Contributor

mine wasnt a large amount thank god but it did **bleep** me off too.I got charged 42.50 $ 7 times putting me into 333.00 negative with my bank I had for 9 years without any problems untill using pay pal.My bank only took off 2 nfs fee charges they wont help me in any way just **bleep**.Pretty much the same thing that happend to me looked at my bank statment and was shocked that pay pal can do these things without permission.MY bank is know help eathier letting the money go through without contacting.I am **bleep** with pay pal and my bank they both **bleep**.Thats right pay pal helps the bank get extra cash it is really **bleep** sad how they keep taking off people.Pay pal customer service **bleep** i keep telling them that I no longer have a bank account so that means i cant pay them that way and they keep saying the same **bleep** over and over again.So i call them and they still tell me to pay through my bank.I spent a good 20 min on the phone with pay pal now i have to pay for long distance charges.Eathier I have problems with my bank because of there paying methods or I get charged for long distance.I am so **bleep** off with them.Once i pay my negative balence to them by money order I am closing my pay pal account.

Login to Me Too

mandy8725
Contributor
Contributor

333.00 is a big amont of NFS fee charges but I read on other peoples horror stories there's were like 1000.00.Just crazy how many people have been ripped off.Woman Sad

Login to Me Too

yourup
Contributor
Contributor

I phoned customer support and they said that the default acct is your bank acct. If we want to use our credit card, we have to check the appropriate box for every purchase. What a pain in the **bleep**! I guess we just have to smile and act pretty while we get **bleep**ed over ...unless you're Bill Gates, of course! Then you'd have bank managers lining up at your door step.

Login to Me Too

trentgustus
Contributor
Contributor

Hey but there's the rub.. I purchased 5 domain names on line and the steps with paypal didn't bring up a paypal payment method.. I didn't get the option to pay with my credit card and got $224.00 in NSF fees.. I never intended on paying with my bank account. The bank won't reverse the charges either. I'm caught in the middle..

Login to Me Too

Busy_Buyer4123
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the exact opposite problem. I only have my credit card setup with paypal so I can use instant bank transfer but now paypal has disabled that option for me I can only do credit card and echeck sometimes just credit card what's going on.

Login to Me Too

newparadime
New Community Member

You may want to contact your bank and tell them that you did NOT authorize the payments, that they are fraudulent, and that you would like your bank to CANCEL the direct debit(s) with Paypal, and reverse the charges...if they do it, your paypal account will like go in the negative, but hopefully paypal will be willing to pull the money off your credit card to bring the balance back into the positive at that point (not sure if paypal will take money from your credit card for that purpose though...)

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.