pay after delivery

brummieartist
Contributor
Contributor

I was told I had pay after delivery but have just done a transaction but was not offered this option ...why?

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

stormy64
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem ,even though it is set up as my preferred payment option ??

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Do you have your bank account verified to your paypal account and set up the direct debit mandate??

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

stormy64
Contributor
Contributor

I followed all the steps as instructed and entered the code number sent to my bank ,when I look at my banks direct debits I don't see paypal, but online my bank takes ages to update ,in paypal it states that PAD is my preferred method of payment , but when I try to complete a transaction I do not get the option to use PAD ?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Conor

Hi stormy64 & brummieartist,

I'm afraid only certain purchases allow Pay After Delivery and when it’s available you’ll see the option on the 'Review Your Information' page during checkout.

I suspect that the transactions you are both trying to complete are simply purchases that don't allow Pay After Delivery Smiley Sad

Conor

Login to Me Too

stormy64
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your reply , I have tried several shops including several on Ebay and never get the PAD option , how are we to know which sellers accept this option ? what is the point of having a facility you can not use ?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

I wouldn't bother with it, waste of time.

All it is is paypal trying to get you to use your bank account rather than a credit card as it reduces the amount of chargebacks they may get.

I prefer to pay with a c.c. and get that added protection.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Dian

Hi Stormy64,

I am afraid that you can't know if Pay after delivery is available until you are checking out. 

Pay after delivery is meant so that you can receive the item and check that it’s up to standard, before you pay. This way your money is safer. 

If you want to use Pay after delivery please make sure that you have a  confirmed bank account this is needed to be considered eligible for PAD.

Let us know if you have any question. 

Dian

Login to Me Too

Chris4Ever
Contributor
Contributor

So, with PAD, you have to go through the steps of paying the retailer and if you do not see the 'Pay After Delivery' oprion on the confirm page then you may as well revert to paying by cc.

Seems strange that bona fide retailers are not automatically on the list for PAD, I assume that is a decision of PayPal's and not the retailer.  (The reason I assume this is because the first time I was offered this it was with a retailer and I contacted them to ask what it meant, they had no idea as they had never heard of it before.)

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

A retailer would not have heard of it as it has nothing to do with them.

The ebay seller or company / retailer will still get their payment instantly so it does not matter to them.

Paypal CREDIT the seller for you but just take longer to remove the payment from your bank account.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.