making purchases with my credit card

cookstarcarolyn
New Community Member

Hi,

I have both my bank account and visa linked to paypal. I  made a purchase and it said if there was not enough funds in my bank account it would use my visa..and it did not! I would like to place my orders and have paypal use my visa rather than my bank account..how do I set it up so that my visa is the primary use of payment? Thanks in advance:)

Carolyn

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

sally0077
New Community Member

I am having a problem paying with paypal using my credit card.  I do not want a direct payment from my bank account.  I don't know how to set this up. Can anyone help?

Login to Me Too

Rurban23
New Community Member

I have the same problem!

Login to Me Too

Tubbybottom
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the same issue, I use my company CC for items I purchase on Paypal... or at least would like to.. usually them taking from my bank doesn't annoy me cause the funds are always there... but the last two... not only **bleep**ed up a home bill but taking from the bank account the same day the bill was suppose to (since we all know paypal never takes it the same day) We assumed that if paypal went for the money and the bill went thru that it would automatically go to my CC. 

No instead I was dinged 127.50 in NSF fees, had the other bill bounce cause of the paypal ones... and... yet it still shows lots of money on my CC, yet no payment attempt!

Why the **bleep** do I have to pay NSF fees when I have a CC set up on my account as my back up... its complete BS!

And I, like the above have looked EVERYWHERE to try and figure out how to have my CC as the primary fund source and my bank as the back up and have had no luck... and the system they have set in place to "help" us is useless and told me nothing! 

Login to Me Too

jessdyni

I am having a similar issue maybe somebody could answer for me. i just got my credit card... however when i filled out all the information correctly it was saying it was non existant. I do not know if it's because it's a td emerald bank visa. or if it's just an issue with the card itself. If anyone else is having the same problem setting up bank visas let me know because i'd like to know if it's just a start up issue or if it's just that paypal does not take bank visa's as an acceptable credit card

Login to Me Too

stevemango
New Community Member

Ok - just got off the phone with Paypal - the only way to do it is to every time you make a transaction - when you get to the purchase page you have to change the account to your visa.  or become unverified and take your bank account off the paypal account.

Login to Me Too

Tubbybottom
Contributor
Contributor

Yah thats what they told me too... guess they don't want to make it easy for us....

Cause most ebay sellers only deal with verified paypal accounts soo... it stays the way it is I guess for now

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.