linking debit cards

sugarmagic
Contributor
Contributor

Hi guys, ive just created a second ebay account and second paypal account to go with it. But ive found that I cant link my debit card to two accounts (it is already linked to my first account). Is this correct or am I missing something? 

I made my first purchase with my second account recently and realised because I wasnt able to link my debit card to that account I had to pay via echeque. I understand this takes quite afew days, but ive had an email today saying my bank has declined the payment yet when ive checked my account the payment has gone out via DD. PLEASE can anyone help me to understand what is going on? 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

You are only allowed x2 paypal accounts if one is personal and the other is premier / business.

Why do you need another paypal account for another ebay i.d?? You can have up to 8 email addresses = 8 ebay i.d's on the one paypal account.

i have my buying and selling i.d. on the one paypal account.

Also you can't link cards or bank accounts to more than one paypal account.

Not sure why your bank declined it ...you need to talk to your bank....have you finished the verification process by adding the 4 digit code?  

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

sugarmagic
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the reply kernowlass. I now realise it was stupid of me to make a new paypal account for my new ebay id.

The payment has gone through now anyway, but, I wont be paying that way again. I will take your advice and if still possible put my new ebay id on my original paypal account. Can I just delete this second paypal account?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Yes you can close your other paypal account BUT if you did manage to add a card or bank account to it make sure you remove them first.

Closing an account:
Before you close your account please be sure there’s no money in your PayPal balance and that your financial details have been removed. If there is a balance, withdraw the money to your bank account. Once your balance is zero, remove your bank and card details.
To close your PayPal account:

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Click Profile near the top of the page.
  3. Select My account settings.
  4. In the Account Type section, click Close account and follow the instructions.

We may ask you to confirm ownership of the account before it can be closed.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.