Resolution centre problem with disputes

Slick_Nick
Contributor
Contributor

HI,

I bought an item on eBay, but paid for it as a pay pal guest. The seller left out a vital bit of kit - a USB charging cable - without which I can't use the GPS watch they sold me. eBay say I have to carry out the dispute via pay pal, but pay pal needs a transaction ID. I only have a receipt number because the transaction was as a pay pal guest not through my account. How do I proceed please?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

You can still file a dispute as a guest buyer but you have to contact customer services and they will do it for you.

Contact us bottom of paypal pages > use the call us option on the left (fees apply so check the cost with your phone tariff first, as you sometimes have to wait a while to connect).

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Slick_Nick
Contributor
Contributor

I have contacted customer services by e-mail is that ok?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Not sure you will get a proper reply that way just a generic one telling you to go to the resolution centre which you can't.

But see what happens and if so phone them later.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.