how much does it cost to ring 08707 307 191?

bgrocock
Contributor
Contributor

how much does it cost to ring pay pal on 08707 307 191

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

PayPal_lucy

Hey there bgrocock,

It is usually 10p a minute from a landline. But it depends on your phone provider as well.

I have heard some customers say its free for them.

Anyone want to share how much they pay and what phone company they are on?

Login to Me Too

loneturtle
New Community Member

I do need to ring them but, from what I understand, callers can only get through to an automated answering service. I am not paying 10p per minute to listen to a robot presenting the same limited options that Paypal's "send us an email" form provides. I want to speak to a human and get an answer to my specific question. How do I get to communicate with a human at Paypal (assuming, that is, that they actually employ any)?

Login to Me Too

TaxiTom
Contributor
Contributor

0870 is a "PREMIUM RATE" number and a connection charge and usage charge are levied to those without an elevated line rental agreement or mobile contract. These "PREMIUM RATE" numbers are getting phased out in favour of regular 01 or 02 numbers or 03 numbers by all government departments and those considerate companies that value their customers.

Login to Me Too

bluesky2013
Contributor
Contributor

it 's cost me 15p. a minute from 02 molile in uk Smiley Mad

so,  it's cost me all about  £4.95   on 22/07/2013

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Depends what your phone tariff is.

Free for me as it came within my contract minutes.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

onepintleft
New Community Member

Special two-part charging arrangements apply when calling 0870 numbers.

The first part of the call cost is your own phone company's standard per-minute ‘access charge’ which applies to all calls to numbers starting 084, 087, 09 or 118.

The second part is a variable ‘service charge’ which benefits the organisation you are calling. They are responsible for advising you of the rate that applies before you call.

Total call costs will typically be anywhere from 7p to 68p per minute, plus up to an additional 13p per-call charge.

In most circumstances, 0870 numbers will cost you more to call than a normal landline and will not be included in any free call allowances or bundled minutes that your tariff offers.

Further information

All numbers starting 087 are charged in the same manner and have the same technical features. This includes 08700 numbers, 08701 numbers, 08705 numbers, 08707 numbers, 08708 numbers and all other numbers that start with the digits 0870, regardless of how the number is displayed or what the following digits are.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@onepintleft

You are replying to a thread 3 years old and the information is no longer relevant.

Paypal now has a free UK landline number.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.