am I being scammed ? Paid for item with paypal

lara-liverpool
Contributor
Contributor

hi there, I rang a company up and agreed a sale on an item, gave the guy my postal address  over the phone, he then told me to send my payment to him via paypal but to not add a postal address as it may confuse his staff...

so a few day's on my item hasn't arrived, seller no longer answering the phone, item was £50

do I enter a resolution case for item not arrived ? will paypal not ask why there's no postal address ?

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Huh??? Confuse his staff????

Surely when you pay with paypal your address details are automatically on the payment details. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

lara-liverpool
Contributor
Contributor

the paypal payment was made to the seller without any postal address as this was given to him verbally on the phone, he at the time of the phone call was packing up the item ready to send, if I process an inr case what will paypal say when they see no postal information ?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

You can't make a paypal payment over the phone!!! 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

lara-liverpool
Contributor
Contributor

the paypal payment wasn't made over the phone, the order was created over the phone, and then I paid for the order via paypal on there website, as I had already discussed the order and the delivery address on the phone the seller asked me to leave off any information regarding the item and the postal address so not to confuss his staff with the order being duplicated

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Sorry but that is what i don't understand, when you pay with paypal your address is always on the receipt of payment how can you leave it off??

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

lara-liverpool
Contributor
Contributor

it say's when you send a payment, address XXX or no delivery information

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

How did you send the payment was it send  money > gift or send money > purchase?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

lara-liverpool
Contributor
Contributor

payment was made for purchase of goods

Login to Me Too

lara-liverpool
Contributor
Contributor

Yes I was scammed, and the biggest issues is PAYPAL helped them scam ! asked paypal to look into it, spend 20 mins on the phone, gave paypal all the evidence they asked for and still paypal let the scammer keep there money, secondly to that I e-mailed a paypal staff member on here and got no responce, will not be using paypal again !

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.