Sent a payment to a seller that was not recieved

fogofogo
Contributor
Contributor

Hello All

I recently sent money for an item to a person who is saying that she did not recieve it. She said that she recieved an email from paypal saying that she had funds from me, but when she logged into payal there was no sign of the transfer from me. The transaction to her is showing as "completed" in my transactions list. 

I've tried getting in touch with Paypal - but no reply from them, and I've raised a dispute as well. I have good communication with the seller, but nothing from Paypal.

Has this happened to anyone before?

Cheers

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

TELL YOUR SELLER TO DO THIS AS ODDS ARE SHE HAS AN OLD EMAIL ADDY ON HER EBAY AUCTION  >>>>

Go and find the transaction in your “my ebay” > click to the right where it says sell similar > don't fill in anything just scroll down to the payments section > look in the paypal box > is the email addy in there correct with no spelling mistakes? If so then it would have been wrong on your finished auctions so come back for more advice.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

fogofogo
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry - I should have mentioned. this was not an Ebay purchase. I transfered the money to her paypal account.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi fogofogo,

If the payment was off eBay and your seller is not seeing the payment, can you ask them to ensure their email address is confirmed. On PayPal, the email address must be confirmed in order to receive a payment.

I hope this helps

Paula

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.