Pay After delivery?

Paulaxxxx
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

Can someone please tell me how this Pay after delivery works??

I seem to have no option but to pay using this method - ALSO it states money will be taken from my BANK ACCOUNT when due to be paid - does this mean my Paypal account or my Bank Account !

Why is there no option to just PAY !!!!

Help please,

Paula

Login to Me Too
24 REPLIES 24

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Are you in the U.K?

Because as far as i am aware we don't have that option over here. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Paulaxxxx
Contributor
Contributor

yes I'm in UK....the option comes up and there's no option to just Pay Now....Seller is paid immediately but its on hold at Paypal for 14 days then it says will be paid from my bank account? I dont understand !

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

OK thats a different thing.

When you pay a seller it is never instant > paypal pay for you then start the process of uploading your funds to paypal from your funding source.

I don't understand why you are getting a "hold", even if it was an echeque it would say pending and the seller would not be credited at once which you say they are.

I think you need to contact paypal customer services direct on this one.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Paulaxxxx
Contributor
Contributor

I have just been into profile and payment options, I found a box which offered me the option to Pay Now instead of  pay when received ( even though the seller is immediately paid using this system, its to avoid complications if the goods are faulty)

I have now opted for immediate payment ( which I have always done and dont understand how this option occurred ) !!!

My only problem now is, as I have 4 items to be paid for from paypal account, the option stated that the funds would be taken from my bank account ( Not paypal account ).....no idea why, and I dont know why they should do this when I do have funds in my paypal A/C.

I have messaged Paypal but had nothing back yet.

Thanks for the help

Login to Me Too

Paulaxxxx
Contributor
Contributor

Follow up....

I phoned Paypal who said my settings on my account had been changed as I was a "good" customer....this somewhat confused me because instead of taking money from my Paypal account, they now want to take it all from my Bank Account even though I have funds in Paypal...I then asked "why do I have a paypal account if youre going to take money from my bank account ".....Oh, they said I have to transfer from paypal account into bank account...how very odd indeed !!!!!.....Sorted now, option changed back to immediate pay !!!!...very odd I reckon.....

Login to Me Too

HayleyLake
Contributor
Contributor

I had been getting this option too, I rang Paypal today and you can switch it off by doing the following.

Click Profile, then My money, and then choose to update bank account, you will then see in blue writing that you can switch this option OFF. 

Hope this helps xx

Login to Me Too

Paulaxxxx
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, yes I have changed the settings thanks - hope that works !

It IS annoying when suddenly they decide to take money from your bank account instead of your paypal account.......

Like I said before, why have a paypal account at all if thats what they are doing !

The money I have in paypal is only for Ebay purchases - but they ( in their wisdom ) decided that they would take money from my bank account ......on asking they said I should transfer money out of paypal into my bank - * thinks..........why do I need a paypal account if I have to withdraw it into my bank account every time I make a purchase !

You laugh at illegal ( below ) but it should be illegal to do this without any prior notice !!!!

Login to Me Too

CATS30LONG
New Community Member

DEAR SIR I WANT PAY PAL TO PAY BEFOUR  DELIVERY  BECAUSE MY GOODS ARE TO LONG COMING  RGM26441

Login to Me Too

DDGwacott
New Community Member
I selected to use it on one occasion only, when I was uncertain about a seller site. But now, I keep getting emails from PayPal telling me some random purchase "will be debited from your account..." etc. etc. So now I'm getting dreadfully confused because some purchases just go through and other random ones are seemingly selected for a delay. No prior notification or offer to choose to delay the payment. At first I thought it was phishing. Now I'm just totally frustrated. I don't even know how to get hold of PayPal as my query was directed here!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.