Seller never sent item, I filed a claim but PayPal didn't rule in my favor

Hereck82
Contributor
Contributor

I just want advice on what to do next. I bought a game from a seller and used paypal good/services to send him the funds. The seller never provided a tracking number and I never received my item. After filing a dispute I just got an email saying that paypal did not rule in my favor. How is this possible if the seller never provided a tracking number nor any evidence that he sent the item. What are my opitions after this? What ever happened to buyer protection? 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Syed110
New Community Member

Hi,

I know how you're feeling and what your going through. I have recently gone through the same situation. I bought an item but never received it eBay informed me that the account that sold it was fraudulent and that as i paid for it as PayPal Guest directly through eBay I should contact PayPal. 

I have now sent 4 emails to PayPal but have not received a reply to a single one. It seems that there is no such thing as buyer protection. Paypal are happy to take our money when it suits them but does not want to refund or take responsibilty when things go wrong.

Login to Me Too

Hereck82
Contributor
Contributor
Yeah, they are of no help whatsoever. I ended up calling my bank to get this sorted. It's a shame that their is no major alternative to paypal. If there was, I'd change services in a heartbeat.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Syed110

You can open a dispute as a guest buyer but you have to phone customer services and they will open a claim straightaway for you.

Its a freephone number from any UK landline  >>

Click on the words "Contact" at the bottom of your paypal account summary page and use the phone option

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent or say the word "agent".

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.