Payment problem

cockatiel9428
Contributor
Contributor

Why am being re-directed to the merchant every time I try to make a payment for goods purchased on ebay. I have had a PayPal account for over 12 years what the hell is the problem. This is the message that I keep on getting when I am trying to make a purchase and make a payment from my account.

This transaction is invalid. Please return to the recipients website to complete your transaction using their regular checkout flow (what on earth does that all mean?).

Other message is, Return to merchant. At this time we are unable to process your request. Please return to and try another option.

How many other PayPal account holders have had this problem?.

A recent buyer tried to make a payment for goods he purchased from me and had the same problem.

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

sasfish
Contributor
Contributor

Having problems paying from an item on ebay paypal wont process it keeps saying merchant problem

Login to Me Too

cockatiel9428
Contributor
Contributor

I dont think PayPal are interested in peoples problems, as nobody from PayPay want's to respond on the forum.

Login to Me Too

Rocking_Pig

Hi, I've been having the same problem since 21:00 tonight. Desperately need the HDD I've just bought on eBay.

Login to Me Too

New Community Member

@cockatiel9428 wrote:

Why am being re-directed to the merchant every time I try to make a payment for goods purchased on ebay. I have had a PayPal account for over 12 years what the hell is the problem. This is the message that I keep on getting when I am trying to make a purchase and make a payment from my account.

This transaction is invalid. Please return to the recipients website to complete your transaction using their regular checkout flow (what on earth does that all mean?).

Other message is, Return to merchant. At this time we are unable to process your request. Please return to and try another option.

How many other PayPal account holders have had this problem?.

A recent buyer tried to make a payment for goods he purchased from me and had the same problem.

hi ive had the same problem cant pay for nothing really frustrating,had my paypal account for years aswell.

Login to Me Too

123hd
 I've all of a sudden got a problem making payments from ebay, I get the following error.

Please go to www.paypal.com to confirm your credit card before you complete this purchase.

I've made over 50 purchases over the last 2 months without problems with this card and all of a sudden I get this error?

WHY?

I login to paypal and there is no report of a problem nor is there an option to confirm card?

Login to Me Too

liamellie2012
Contributor
Contributor
I'm having problems paying today on e-bay. I bought an item last night,but bow iv just bought an itm on "buy it now"& my Paypal account won't access. It won't give me the option to pay by Paypal even though it says I can??? Iv been with Paypal years & never had a problem.
Login to Me Too

botiboyt
New Community Member

i am having the same problem i have lost deals through paypal the money went out of my account but the seller could not get at it it happened when i signed up for the quick payment method .but happened again when i changed back to signing in again 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.