Payment from Customer

Canaryred
Contributor
Contributor

Hi I

Someone has bought an item from me on Ebay, but the money is not showing in my Paypal account.

They have made an "Instant Payment" on 14 October.

If I go to my Ebay account it's marked as paid, with an option to "View Transaction"

My customer seems genuine and I think he has paid, but why is it not showing in my Paypal account?

When I contacted my customer he says he is "awaiting acceptance" for the payment.

Be glad of some help on this please.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Canaryred

Can you do this first   >>>

Go and find the transaction in your “my ebay” > click to the right where it says sell similar > don't fill in anything just scroll down to the payments section > look in the paypal box > is the email addy in there correct with no spelling mistakes? If so then it would have been wrong on your finished auctions so come back for more advice.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Canaryred
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for helping me. For some reason it has my old email address in there. Not sure why, I've made several sales in the past month and received payment ok? Thanks
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Canaryred

Can you add that old email address to your paypal account and verify it??

As you can have up to 8 email addresses on the one paypal account.

Otherwise there are other options if you want them.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Canaryred
Contributor
Contributor
Hi I've added the old email address but there isn't an option to verify. This email account is no longer used. Thanks
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Canaryred

Ask your buyers if the payment is  >>>

Unclaimed with a cancel option.

Then ask them to cancel the payment but tell them that it will take a few days to go back to their funding source if they funded their original payment with a debit or credit card. Then get them to use the "send money" > Goods option and pay to your email address. Tell them DO NOT use the ebay option or it will direct them to ebay checkout and the same thing will happen.

Unclaimed without a cancel option.

If there is no cancel option then the buyer will get their money back automatically 30 days after paying if it remains unclaimed. You will need to sort out between you if you want to still go ahead with the sale or cancel it.

Failing that contact customer services and as you had the old email account on your paypal account before they may well be able to sort it for you  >>

Click on the words "Contact" at the bottom of your paypal account summary page and use the phone option (if there is one in the country you are in) > click on the "call us" option on the left (fees "may" apply so check the cost with your phone tariff first, as you sometimes have to wait a while to connect).

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent or say the word "agent".

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.