PayPal digital gift not received

Zoeking2253
Contributor
Contributor
Bought a paypal digital gift to gift to my mum sent it received email to say was delivered but was not its correct email and not in spam folder what do I do?
Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Bit confused, your email address identifies your paypal account, if you have sent the gift payment to a different email address then it may well have gone elsewhere.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Zoeking2253
Contributor
Contributor
No you have the option to gift it to someone which I did as it was Mother's Day I gifted to my mum put in correct email address for her ....recieved an email to my own account to say it's been delivered to my mums email but when she checked there's nothing there nothing in spam folder junk folder inbox nothing yet I had the confirmation of sending email To myself that it had been sent
Login to Me Too

nathanward
Contributor
Contributor

This has literally just happened to me. Im so annoyed. I think the website may be down as you can't purchase the code for yourself which I tried multiple times. Therefore I purchased the item as a gift and sent it to my email. Now, I have recieved the confirmation email, yet haven't recieved the gift. So I email the seller through Resolution Centre but they haven't got back to me yet. Hopefully this gets resolved soon rather than later. As there must be many of buyers having this problem. I'll message here if I recieve more information on this subject. Good luck. 

Login to Me Too

Zoeking2253
Contributor
Contributor
Hi I waited and waited it's not apples problem it's pay pals as I was told this when I called apple I I called paypL customer service and with a lot of being passed to different departments and country's was able to get the original gift refunded and I re purchased through Apple hope this helps
Login to Me Too

nathanward
Contributor
Contributor

Would this be the same for a Steam Digital code as that what I purchased. And yes, I think it is PayPal's problem. Hopefully they will get it back up and working again. Cheers for the quick reply on this! 

Thanks, Nathan

Login to Me Too

Zoeking2253
Contributor
Contributor
No pro nothing worst than feelings me the only one with the problem and no one to help .... PayPal buy all there gift cards from the retailers so yes it would be the same for steam give them a call to refund you but word of warning if your on a mobile ask them to call u back it cost me £16 to get my £20 refunded in the end I had to complain to get my call costs Back and it took months let me know what result u get and good luck 😄
Login to Me Too

nathanward
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah sure. I won't call them as the only headquaters are in USA and Luxenburg so Im not sure if the have a helpline in UK. I'll probably email them. But sure I'll tell you what happens. This might be a while though. Thanks.

Login to Me Too

Zoeking2253
Contributor
Contributor
Call us: 0800 358 7911 Fr number uk helpline if you have a landline
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.