Pay After Delivery - Can I change payment type?

chilledstorm
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all,

Just wanted to know if its possible to change the payment type to my credit card?

Cheers

Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Yes you can turn it off and I don't blame you as you get much better protection with a c.c.

To change the default way you pay for purchases:
1.Log into your PayPal account at www.paypal.co.uk
2.Click 'Profile' near the top of the page
3.Click ‘My money’.
4.Click ‘Update’ beside ‘bank accounts.’
5.Under 'Paying after delivery is my preferred way to pay', click 'Turn this option off'.

Otherwise, you can decide not to use PAD during the checkout flow. Click 'Change' on the Review Your Information page during checkout and select a different payment method.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

chilledstorm
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Thanks for your reply...

I just read back my post and I now realise that I didn't make it clear what I was asking. I need to know if its possible to change the payment type once Ive selected Pay After Delivery?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Oh you mean once you have paid for an item??

Then no, unless you ask the seller to refund the payment so you can pay again.

But then you will have to wait a while for the payment to go to paypal then back as a refund as it will still leave your bank account but you can still pay with the c.c. in the meantime if refunded.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

chilledstorm
Contributor
Contributor

I have already checked out using Pay After Delivery, but I want to change the payment type to my credit card

Login to Me Too

petercarots
New Community Member

You're correct in the way to change things, but wrong about the extra protection from a credit card. If you use a credit card through paypal, then you lose the credit card protection - the credit card company will see the transaction with paypal and not be interested in the actual purchase itself.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@petercarots

Not true, there are zillions of posts on here re folks doing chargebacks directly via their c.c. companies.

In fact I have done it x2 myself.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

tropic00
New Community Member

must be bank account and paypal payment will go through even if there is NSF which will overdraft you so it sux.  why a credit card is not allowed for pay after delivery type payment is beyond me...  good luck!

Login to Me Too

Ashaffer
Contributor
Contributor
You have to call your bank and put a block on that transaction so it gets rejected then deal with Paypal it beat over draft fees.. but yes I do believe there should be an extra choice
Login to Me Too

KeatonWright
New Community Member
Did you ever find an answer to this? I understood your question right away at least I hope my comprehension skills are better than the responses I've read. I'll try it out myself and post for future reference. Here's an example of another way I think your getting at... Say it's the 1st of January you make your purchase selecting "pay after delivery" you then realize oh snap my credit card statement closes the 2nd of January and I who pay my card in full every month realized if I change it to my card the 3rd (assuming the item hasn't been delivered or maybe shipped) I won't have to pay til March 2nd. If I paid the 1st with my card it would be due February 2nd, so might be a way to buy extra time... Anyway, I don't condone that example as it's a good way to get into debt if something happens, but I'm still curious in general if you can change the payment upon delivery prior to item being shipped or delivered. Btw credit cards are designed for cc companies to make money and benefit nobody else. Very rarely do people pay on time in full 100% for emergency better to have emergency fund and pay cash you'll save more money. If you can't afford it don't buy it or find a way to make side cash. Check out Dave Ramsey for great tips.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.