Offer made on Ebay item. New invoice sent via Paypal am I protected or can I be conned?

Pete-82
New Community Member

I made an offer. Offer was less than the Buy it now price but was excepted. The seller has sent me a new invoice to my Paypal account.  There are no details of the item I am buying, just a money/payment request. I have never payed this way before and have always completed via Ebay as I am both new to them and Paypal. I was just a bit skeptical, am I still protected if my camera does'nt show up? could I get conned and lose my money? or is there a solution or an amendment that could be made to make this transaction safe? Help and advise needed before completing this transaction please. Many Thanks

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_david

Hi there Pere-82,

You should be fully protected on your transaction as long as the payment you send to your seller is sent as a 'Goods' payment. If the payment is sent as a 'Service' or 'Gift' payment, you may not be fully protected.

I will advise that if you check the payment request that your seller has sent to you, you will be able to see what the payment type is for the funds that your seller is requesting from you. If it does not say 'Goods', you should contact your seller and advise them that you will only complete the payment when it shows as a 'Goods' payment.

Once the payment has been sent, you will be protected if you don't receive the item or if the item arrives in a damaged condition.

I hope this information helps,

David.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.