Need advices to win a dispute Virtual Goods as a Seller

Nor2701
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Community, I have this situation:

I sold a license or key to a person who contacted me via Instagram, then this person blocked me and filed a dispute the next day inventing he bought me a phone and it didn't arrive... 

I have a lot of successful transactions. Although It's 2nd time it happens to me, the first I let it die since I was unhopeful and the amount was like 10x smaller than this, now I really need to win, or it would be a really hard punch. 

I know PayPal doesn't offer seller protection for virtual goods, although:

1) Does it mean I would automatically loss even if I call and offer information?

This is an international transaction, the buyer isn't from America. 

I asked him for ID (so it matched his PayPal name) before doing the transaction, but what I now realize he is underage (he turns 18 in around 6 days) 

2) Doesn't it automatically make him lose for violating PayPal policies about age? Or will PayPal say it's my fault for not realizing? 

The scammer buyer has a fake address(even it's a digital good he paid without clicking no address needed) , I know it because in the street he just wrote the city name and invented zip code... like just to fill something.

3) Knowing this, how could be the best way to make PayPal require him info of ID and address, if he can't prove it would that override any dispute or make me winner of it? 

4) If PayPal sets me as the dispute losser, may I have chances if I go to claim court? Does it give me any advantage if I softly let them know(before the result) my plans are that in the case they side on the scammer side? Or would that make things worse? 

I'm using the invoice method for future transactions being really explicit about the terms and conditions, I have read it doesn't protect me either, does it? 

5) What strategy could give me a 100% protection in the future? 

My last question is a bit unrelated: 

6) Are payments related to Grambling or raffles legal in paypal? What I have only read is they are not protected either, tho in just one page I read raffles were prohibited so I have that doubt..

Thanks a lot, apologize me for the lots of questions I really hope I receive help from you who have way more experience and I hope your answers help all future people who may experience this situations! 

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.