MY REFUND MONEY WAS LOST!!?? PLEASE HELP!

Nate23
New Community Member

i used a Visa Giftcard Credit card for my online purchases, because it feels a lot safer

anyways,

i purchased and item, when it got here in the mail it did NOT fit the description. the seller finally gave me a refund. fine problem solved, however, the online credit card i'm using is unreloadable, you cannot load money onto it. so, the money went from PayPal to nowhere,now that i've removed the card from my PayPal in preparation for another refund. But ofcourse the seller wont refund me again.

Please help, Any ideas?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

frustratedphill
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the same issue now and I would like to know how this gets resolved or do i just lose the money

Login to Me Too

yukuku
Contributor
Contributor

same here i guess its gone now Smiley Mad

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi everyone,

You've identified the main problem with stored value cards. They are not associated with an identity, so ownership of the card is difficult to confirm. Similarly, they can't be used to confirm address. PayPal is best used with traditional credit cards, where ownership is provable.

When refunded, credit card transactions always go back to the card. I recommend looking for any documentation you can find relating to the card number, and contact the card issuer to reclaim the funds.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.