Keep getting Error code #10417(We were not able to process your payment)

awesomechairs
Contributor
Contributor

I'm trying to pay for a Buy It Now item on eBay, and keep getting an error saying "We were not able to process your payment." (Error code #10417). There are no errors on my Paypal page, and there is money on my debit card.

My last payment via paypal was in January 2011, and that went through fine. Nothing has changed with regards to my eBay account or my bank account.

From what I gather from Googling the problem, it's something to do with Paypal's security model saying that it doesn't like the look of the transaction. However, the eBay seller I'm trying to pay has 100% feedback, and is a verified seller, so I don't think it could be a problem on their end.

Again, there are no errors on my Paypal page, my card is verified, my eBay username and password has been added to my Paypal account, and there is enough money on my card.

Any ideas?

Login to Me Too
135 REPLIES 135

markypie
Contributor
Contributor

I've been having the same issue for a MONTH with payments to US dvd sites.I tried to buy a CD today off Ebay where the payment was in EUROS & the same problem arose.To make sure it was definitely not a card issue (Though I knew it was not),I bought an item in the UK in £ of course & the transaction was fine.I used PP GUEST to complete the Euro transaction & it went through first time (This is the only way I can pay for US goods IF they have the PP GUEST option).A month is ridiculous & the problem should surely be solved soon.

Login to Me Too

donnza
New Community Member

i had the same error message and tried for 4 days to pay for an item, i had the money in my account and my bank said they wern't declining it. just logged in as a guest with the excatly the same details, same card, same item i was trying to pay for and guess what?...it accepting... seems as it was paypals fault!!!

Login to Me Too

Mike_
New Community Member

I'm having the same problem, it's a brand new PP account, set up a couple of hours ago, the credit card linked to it has a good limit & only £11 spent on it, so it's not a funding issue.

A few purchases went through fine...those sellers requiring immediate payment.

Got 10 e-bay items to the value of £40 + change to pay & PP wont let me do it!

This is what I get....

We were not able to process your payment.
Please contact PayPal customer service for further assistance.
Error code #10417

You have requested an outdated version of PayPal. This error often results from the use of bookmarks.

Outdated? It's only a couple of hours old!

I see from all the posts this is a bit of a common one & just like everyone else, I'm not impressed by the PP responses posted & not impressed with PP full stop on this poor showing.

Do I have to get round all ten sellers, letting them know what's occurring & asking for an invoice etc?

There are 3 purchases in US $, the rest in sterling, I've tried to pay one at a time, starting with the UK ones, but still the same deal.

Bloody ridiculous!

Login to Me Too

xbeccyboox
New Community Member

i have the same problem!! however i have a receipt on my paypal account for the transaction and the money has been taken out of my bank account but on ebay it says i still need to pay for the item and keeps coming up with the error code! please help i dont want to have lost my money, i contacted the seller and they said they have not recieved the payment so where has my money gone?!

Login to Me Too

karen1978
Contributor
Contributor

Just adding my name to the list. Have more than sufficient funds in my bank account, but i'm unable to complete payment for an ebay purchase. I just get error code 10417 - has paypal even admitted theres a problem yet?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi there,

We are aware that some of our customers were experiencing diffiiculties when making payments. Our technical team have worked on this and have advised me that this should now be resolved.

Thanks

Paula

Login to Me Too

markypie
Contributor
Contributor

Well I've just tried to order & I still get the use a different card message.This has been going on for three months now in my case & the card is fine on Amazon & other sites like Play.Com.This is getting ridiculous !.

Login to Me Too

shaggyram
New Community Member

not fixed as im stil getting unable to process

Login to Me Too

Keywork
Contributor
Contributor

I'm receiving that same problem. And this is the first time it has happened. I have the funds it just wont go through. And I have been trying for 2 days and tried about 10x times. I've logged and and back out then exited the browser and restarted. None of these rectified the situation. Im just wondering if there is anything I can do.

Login to Me Too

Mrswibble
New Community Member
This is still an issue! Please fix ASAP PayPal!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.