Instant Transfer problem?

Jolkster
Contributor
Contributor

I know there are a lot of boards on problems with instant transfer, but I couldn't seem to find the answer I was looking for, so:

I play on a certain gaming site, where you can spend real money at get bonus items, etc.

PayPal usually lets me use instant transfer to make these transactions, but sometimes it won't.
I'm wondering why at certain times I can use it, but at other times it decides it's unsafe, even though I've purchased from them before, quite a few times.

It gets rather annoying when it won't let me purchase something I would like now, but have to use an echeck or drive down to pick up a mastercard, which usually comes to more than the card itself.  (Eg. $50 Mastercard comes to $55.68)
Whereas if I was able to use my instant transfer I wouldn't have to pay the extra.

Is there a way to fix this?
Such as contacting PayPal and asking them to allow this certain site?
Or another way?

Thank you in advance!

Login to Me Too
107 REPLIES 107

Jbum
Contributor
Contributor
I Tried logging in this morning and it was not letting me then later i checked and everything appears back to normal now. Hope its reliable!
Login to Me Too

JLH62
Contributor
Contributor

I have used paypal for several years, mostly for skype purchases, and all of a sudden I am no longer able to pay for anything with my paypal account.  I have a balance in my account (always keep a little here, just like a checking account) and now it is telling me I cannot access my account without adding a credit card.

One of the reasons I use paypal is because I do not own or want a credit card.  How do I pass this step in the payment process without it being denied (which has been happening consistently over the last month).

This is becoming very irritating, and I am so frustrated that I am thinking of closing my account, if I could get my money back~

Does anyone out there have a solution?  Paypal direct has given me no response.

Login to Me Too

cdgreen
Contributor
Contributor

I'm a Canadian as well, and I'm having the same problem as everyone else. I'm a verified paypal member, with a bank account, and I've purchased and sold over $5000 worth of goods through paypal. I pay my website host through paypal every couple of months, and suddenly this month the instant payment isn't available, and only 'echeck' is there in it's place. However my service provider doesn't accept echecks, because when I pay it's credited immediately into my pay for use website host account.

So I had to use a credit card, which means more fees and possible interest. I agree with a couple of the previous posters that this smells like a cash grab conspiracy on the part of Paypal. There trying to force as many people as they can to use credit cards so they can charge higher fees and make more profit. This is shameless monopolizing of eBay, and other merchants that have grown accustomed to their clients wanting paypal, because it's the largest payment company, thanks to eBay.

I'm really mad, and I agree that something has to be done. Almost half of the people on this thread complaining are all from Canada as well. It seems like they've targeted Canadians as a 'high risk' country, or they just plain decided we're a bunch of suckers. And I think that's outrageous.

If this doesn't change soon, I will find a competitor to take my business too. I think everyone here should check out Google Checkout

-Chris

Login to Me Too

LonghornW
Same Problem here. This is a terrible system, it doesn't give any notification as to why the block happened or when it is getting automatically used. Now I'm going to miss a pay-by deadline on eBay. Thanks, paypal!
Login to Me Too

zrohtyzn
New Community Member

Personally, I mainly use PP only for paying subscriptions to online games.  Online games don't have a tendency to charge you before your gametime expires, so with this bull*bleep* sudden lack of instant payments, there's an approximate 2 week gap between the end of each gametime until PP pulls its proverbial finger out and actually clears my payment to the specific game company.
I think it's fairly obvious how this is utterly unacceptable. 

I don't want a credit card.  I'm quite happy living life without debt that accumulates ridiculous amounts of interest.

Additionally, when I complained to paypal about this crazy duration of "clearing" my payment (like others, they gladly took the money out of my bank account but didn't give it to my intended recipient) and instructed paypal to terminate the transaction and refund my money... initially, they sent me some bogus email claiming that they couldn't locate my account because my email had not been verified - come on! email verification is required to join paypal... f***ing retards.  After I followed their instructions to (seemingly) REverify my email, all they did is send me a survey to see if I was happy with their customer service.  Needless to say, I made my UTTER DISGUST very clear.

Oh wait, not to mention that I also can't pay my skype account and have therefore lost the ability to "phone" my family who live HALF-WAY AROUND THE FREAKN WORLD!

F*** YOU PAYPAL!

I will be taking my business elsewhere AND informing any friends/acquaintances who are considering using Paypal that they should definitely consider other options.

Oh yeah - I just happen to be in Canada too.... WTF?

Login to Me Too

crazycanuck90
Contributor
Contributor

ok, that was alot of reading,.... I ALSO am Canadian eh, .. and my question is right along with this topic.

I am new to paypal and ebay, and am about to win my first auction.  So my question was going to be, "Do I need to load up my paypal account"? (and the seller has to wait 6-8 days for their money), or can I just take it straight out of my bank account (and it just goes through paypal)?  That would be this 'instant' thing they promised me for verifying my account?  But,.. you people are all saying that this 'instant' transaction isn't working for alot of you anymore?!  arg! I guess we'll see,... any insight is really appreciated,.. thankyou and confused.

Login to Me Too

Hlupton
Contributor
Contributor

I had a talk with Paypal this morning about what was happening, one person told me they were peroforming an update on Canadian accounts and wasn't exactly sure when they would be finished, but said about 24 hours.

I called a second time and this time got a lady who told me that it was an internal security feature that kicked in, supposedly to prevent fraud, and that until further notice we won't be able to use Instant Transfer.

**bleep**.

Login to Me Too

Deweyoxberg
Contributor
Contributor

From Facebook:

Hi Michael, we appreciate your concern and we’re glad to see that you are being proactive to report possible issues to us. We have reviewed the reports you provided. In each case, this was being caused by our security system or an expired (or about to expire) credit card. I can assure you that the Instant Transfer option is not being blocked for all of our Canadian customers. Thanks again!2 hours ago

Login to Me Too

randy2010
New Community Member

I also find this instant transfer option disabled when sending $1200, after trying several times it is resolved by splitting the 1200 to smaller amounts, so I make three instant transfers $400 each transaction. Wish it helps 😉

If the so-called security protection can be bypassed so easily I can see no point why Paypal does this to confuse so many valued customers.

Login to Me Too

CarlP
New Community Member
I am a PP client and just today I loaded $150 on my Titanium Prepaid Visa and went to a particular vendor to register at a cost of $0.00, bit needed to register a credit card for the future and they use PP. After trying to register the PP prompt said they were unable to verify my card and couldn't process the registration? 10 minutes later I get an Auto Email from Titanium Visa saying that PP authorized a payment for $1.50USD? That happens a lot when you register a new card and they take a small amount to certify the card. Titanium approved the payment for $1.50 and I went back to register and PP prompt still says they are unable to verify the card? Like WTF is going on??????
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.