Error 155/159 with check out

youre_drowning
Contributor
Contributor
Hi- I'm currently having trouble paying for items I've won on eBay an I have no idea what's going on. I'm having PayPal for a couple of years now, and this is the first time this is happening to me. Suddenly I cannot pay eBay items with PayPal anymore. I get errors 155&159 with check out. I'm currently having a balance (positive) of almost 100€ and trying to pay 48€ for a couple of days now. Keep on getting the errors. Help needed Thanks in advance
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

youre_drowning
Contributor
Contributor
Okay- just found out I CAN withdraw 65€ to my bank account, but I CAN'T pay 48€.. Seriously?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Maria
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi youre_drowning,

Welcome to the UK Community Forum and thanks for posting!

We can’t check the specifics of your PayPal account through the Community Forum I’m afraid and based on the information that you provided in your post it sounds like there are a number of questions relating to your account. For issues making payments, I’d suggest checking what funding sources your have active by selecting “My Money” under the “Profile” tab. For account specific assistance, I’d recommend contacting our Customer Service team by clicking on “Contact Us” at the bottom of any screen.

Thanks,

Maria

Login to Me Too

sirhugo
Contributor
Contributor

This is for everyone whos having problems paying with paypal. hopefully this will shed some light as to why.

If you payment wont go thru its due to 1 of 2 reasons.

1. the payment was declined by bank/card issuer

2. the payment was stopped by paypals security system.

if 1, then check that the card details are correct on paypal. also check you card hasnt expired. if this isnt the problem, phone the bank and ask for the online authorisation dept. they will till you why it was declined.

if 2, paypal blocked it as they suspected it was risky or fraudulent. they cant override the system so no use phoning and yelling at them. try a different card if you have one. if that does nt work trying waiting 24 hours. if still no joy try the following:

1. verify your bank account if not already done

2. ask the person/company to send you a money request and pay directly through it

3. top up your paypal balance and try the payment

hopefully this helps a little

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.