Checking Account Limit??

MIkePitocco
Contributor
Contributor

I linked my PayPal account with my checking account because i'd like to use it to buy things from eBay. I'm looking to buy a music instrument worth about $350. However, with the bank I'm with, on my checking account i have a $200 daily spending limit. I'm wondering if this applies to my PayPal account? I contacted PayPal and she said that i have a PayPal limit of $3700, and she said that PayPal and my bank are two totally different things and that once my account is confirmed i can start using my PayPal...i don't quite understand what this means? Will i have any issues buying something over $200 on eBay?

Thanks in advance! 🙂

-Mike

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Welcome to the boards!

While PayPal won't limit your use of your bank account, your bank can (and it sounds like they already have).

What I would recommend is asking them if the limit applies to external Electronic Funds Transfers (EFTs) as part of that spending limit.

If it does, there's still a way around it - use the "Add Funds" feature to add the money into your balance over a couple days.  Bank transfers will take 5 to 7 business days to arrive (weekends/holidays won't count).  Then you can build up without over-extending your limit.

Hope this helps,

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.