Adding funds through prepaid credit cards?

DomVee
New Community Member

Well, I don't want have the prepaid cc's linked to my account, but I'd rather have the funds from the cc's transferred to my Paypal account. Is this allowed? I assume so, but how would I go about doing this?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Welcome to the boards!

At this time, we don't recommend adding pre-paid debit or credit cards, as they seldom pass our stringent security measures. Even if they do, and the payment is later refunded, we're required to send it back to the card - which can be a problem for you if you have since discarded the card.

In terms of adding funds, at this time, you cannot use a card to add funds to the balance. However, if you can successfully register the card, you don't need to add funds first.

Just make a payment, and we'll debit the card directly.

Thanks!

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

ojibweguy
Contributor
Contributor

make this happen, if the card passes the so-called strict rules for usage, then let us upload the dollar value to our paypal account! the bank takes incredibly long 8-10 days. not everyone on ebay has 8-10 days to put a dollar amount out of our daily lives in transit to our paypal account! if i want to spend my money i want to do it today, not in 10 days! Make it happen and it will drastically increase paypal usage, not everyone likes the bank holding onto our money or a credit card company for that matter!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.