Shipping setup question

4gco
Contributor
Contributor

I am currently setting up a new website to dropshp products with flat-rate shipping. All my other websites have shipping by weight, and I have those shipping calculations already set up and defined. Flat-rate shipping will not work for those websites, and I don't want to charge by weight on the new website. Is there a way to set up a SEPARATE shipping method for this website with the flat-rate shipping rates, without those flat rates showing up as an "option" on my other websites?

PS: I'm building this new website on WIX. I know from experience that when I tried to set up a shipping method for PayPal from WITHIN WIX, my customers got charged DOUBLE shipping, as it would apply both the Wix settings and the settings for the shpping methods by location defined inside my PayPal account. So what I'm asking is there a way for me to set up a separate shipping method for this WIX website without it showing up as an option in my other websites that take their shipping settings direct from PayPal?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

Good question !   If you're using Payments Standard and you setup a shipping method in your account profile, it will appear on the PayPal Checkout Screens so regardless of which web site goes to the checkout, that shipping method would be an option.   Not sure what you're options would be at this point, maybe the shipping override variables would something to tinker with.   You can learn a bit more about them here.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.