My client in Mumbai, India cannot pay invoice.

Amira613
Contributor
Contributor

My PayPal Business Account is in the US. I have been using for over a decade.

I now have a client in Mumbai, India and he cannot pay my invoice. All of his cards get declined by PayPal. He tells me that he pays for other services on line with his cards with no problems. The error message that he gets is the same for MasterCard, Via Card, or AMEX.

"The card cannot be used for Payment. Please use different card."

Please explain what is happening.

Thank you,

Amira

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi Amira, 

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum and welcome as a new member!

You can decide what types of payments you want to accept automatically, deny automatically, or review before you accept in your payment receiving preferences.

For example, you can decide what to do when you receive a payment in a currency you don’t hold or block eCheck payments for all website payments except eBay and Mass Pay.

Here’s how to set your payment receiving preferences:

1. Click the Settings icon next to "Log out".
  2. Click Payment Preferences.
  3. Click update to the right of "Block payments".
  4. When you edit your preferences on this page, your settings are automatically saved.

Please review your seller preference to ensure you can accept payments from your client's country and if your client is paying in a different currency, you will also need to add this to your preferences. 

- Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.