DO NOT COUNT ON BILLMELATER! What a mess!!

ellexi
Contributor
Contributor

Here I am.....short on cash for Christmas....Don't get paid for 2 weeks and thought I'd do a little shopping on eBay. Bought a few small items and PayPal has this "Great" offer pop up: Get BillMeLater!! So I thought, why not? I applied....got it! So now I'm thinking...Hey! I can get a few things for Christmas...order them on time to get here....then pay it off in 2 weeks when I get paid! Win-win situation! NOT!!!!! What Paypal DOES NOT tell you is that not EVERYONE accepts BillMeLater EVEN if they DO take PayPal....so now I have all these auctions that I have won and can't pay for them because they don't take BillMeLater yet they DO take PayPal. INCREDIBLE!! Thanks PayPal and BillMeLater for really **bleep**ing me up! Now I have to figure out how to pay for these auctions before I get negative feedback. GEEEZ! (I was able to pay for 4 of them using BillMeLater but the rest don't accept it....just GREAT!) UHG!!

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

shameon_U
Contributor
Contributor

I agree and DON'T EXPECT PAYPAL to help you out!  All they do is transfer you to the BillMeLater helpdesk who in turn tell you there's nothing you can do and tells you that the money is at Paypal and they must credit it back to BillMeNow so you DONT get the items you won, and you still OWE BILLMENOW!!!

BUYERS BEWARE  - A RIPOFF  BETWEEN PAYPAL AND BILLMENOW

Login to Me Too

bradman
New Community Member

I have to agree with the post I have read. I recently bought a large ticket item and was encouraged to use "bill me later" as a payment option by the sales pitch. In order to apply for an account I had to commit to buy. I clicked the commit to buy button and applied. Bill me later denied my account because they claim they could not verify my information. Has paypal not already done that? My credit is good so what is the problem? That is not the worst of it. I could not retract my commit to buy, so I was stuck. Bill me later is a scam! Beware!

Login to Me Too

rayjay48-2

Yeah they got me too!  I won an eBay auction and was going to use my credit card through PayPal and that's apparently not an option anymore????  so I sign up for this Billmelatter and make a purchase, fine I thought, then win another auction go to pay and Billme latter was not an option???? Just what the BLEEP is going on here? Now I'm afraid to buy any thing,I can't use credit card? I can't use BML. So I can't use NUTTIN'..Thanks a lot PayPal

Login to Me Too

zoneout
Contributor
Contributor

buried in the fine-print you will find the following (guessing because bml is from salt lake city): 

bml cannot be used for the following

- international items

- guns

- ammunition

- adult material

- digital items (whatever the *BLEEP* that means)

- sellers with 3rd party checkout systems

- a bunch of others that i cant remember offhand

What a suckish product

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.