Why did Paypal stop using instant transfer from my bank?

joygirl
New Community Member

For years I've been instantly transferring from my bank account and now that has myseteriously stopped. I can't figure out how to reset it. What gives? I'd rather not dip into my credit card for payments, that's absurd. Echecks take too long. What happened???

Login to Me Too
27 REPLIES 27

siiee
Contributor
Contributor

@Xeroid wrote:

I suspect that the default setting is more financial than anything else and therefor will never be changed. By having Paypal use your credit card, they will be subject to the credit card fees (probably 3-5%) and since they are unable to pass them on to the seller, Paypal will eat them. Of course, they would prefer not having to pay them by using your bank account for free and absorbing the risk with their own security/insurance system that promisses to back up your transaction. 

"default setting is more financial than anything" My guess would agree with that; but I think they have the CC costs covered; still I'd guess that they don't mind cutting some of it out if they possibly can as that's only smart business. However, my opinion is if they don't want customers to leave eBay because of "a very nasty costly situation" to themselves at eBay by payment via PayPal, they could make customers happier and less leery if they'd take away the automatic default setting and let the customers choose the method without making them go through [ More funding options ] pages, and or give them the default choice option as long as all things are in order with their account(s). IMHO

Login to Me Too

finy
New Community Member

Helmutt - I am also having the instant transfer problem but my credit card does not expire until 2013 is there another problem?

Login to Me Too

SINcere
New Community Member

yes I am having the same problem as well, I use paypal to do my recurring payments for online gaming and i cannot do instant withdrawls, and I have an active and in good standing bank account as well as an active debit card with plenty of finances in my bank account,also my debit card is not set to expire until 2012. I could just pay the recurring fees with my debit card straight up however I have had my online gaming account hacked in the past and i like to use paypal as a safer method as not to allow any of my card information being visable in my account.This is a real bummer and primarily the only reason I have for using the service.If I can no longer use it for the one reason I need it for then whats the point of having it at all?Also I have been using paypal since april of 2009 with no issues until today when my gaming account went frozen and when i tried to reactivate it using my prior methods paypals end say i have successfully set up a preapproved recurring payment agreement,then I check my gaming account and it says pending,where as before it was an instantaneous approval on my gaming accounts end,now after it stays pending for 15 minutes to a half an hour it goes back to being in frozen status and I get an email saying "paypal failure" from my gaming manufacturer.

Login to Me Too

hughaxton
New Community Member

I was tearing my hair out.  I received a new credit card expiring in 2013- instant transfer was INSTANTLY restored!

(Older card expired 12/2010)

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Helmute
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hey all, I've run into this myself, and could be a couple things.

1) If the option is grayed out it could just be that that funding source is not available, we do have safety filters in place that can sometime make funding sources unavailable. 

2) Another thing that I've run into is that if your card is about to expire then you wouldn't be able to use the instant transfer method. 

Hope this helps!

**Helmute**

Login to Me Too

Xeroid
Contributor
Contributor

After several calls to support and getting nowhere, I was in process of cancelling my Paypal when a different phone number popped up so I called. It sent me to the same people, without the case number. I asked for a supervisor and after a long time on hold, they have promissed to investigate and let me know what they find. I will update when/if I get an answer.

Paypal_Helmute, please don't take this the wrong way, but your reply fuels the frustration we get calling PayPal. If you had READ the thread, you would have seen that we are refering to withdrawls from a BANK ACCOUNT. There is no "expiration date" associated with withdrawls from a CHECKING or SAVINGS account.

Login to Me Too

Thue
New Community Member

I know, what gives? I been using paypal to pay for most of my online shopping for years and it has always instantly taken out money from my checking account to pay, but now its not showing any transaction in my bank account. On paypal it says that the seller(s) has been paid, but in my checking account there is no transaction. I don’t want to transfer money because I am afraid I might get double charge and that would **bleep**. In the past week I bought couple things from ebay and it says (in paypal overview) that the transaction has been made and the seller(s) have already shipped the items. I just hope the payment went through and there is no double charges.

Login to Me Too

InsomniaVixen

I just posted a similar topic.  I read all responses to this one and it doesn't help me at all because my credit card expires in 2013.  I still cannot get immediate payments through bank account and realized they have been taking from my 2nd source credit card first for weeks.  I had no idead they were racking up my cc when I asked in every possible place for my primary to be my bank account and only charge my cc if there was no money in my bank account, which there has been planty of money all month.  I need immediate payment option back asap - HELP!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.