Paypal bank transfer problem

n4t9
Contributor
Contributor

I used Paypal's "Add funds using your bank's bill pay service" option to transfer a certain amount of money to my Paypal account. This method does NOT involve linking my bank account to my Paypal account. I followed the exact instructions that Paypal listed on its site and the balance on my Paypal account is currently still the same ($0). I sent the payment last Wednesday and its already been a week and still no update in the Paypal balance. (Paypal said it would only take 2-4 days).

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

susyalba
New Community Member

You need to call your bank, and see if the specific amt. was withdrawn from your account. If you did it as a check transaction, it can take much longer. paypal will have to wait until it has verification that your check has cleared before it will release the funds to your paypal acct. If you have a check-debit card, the transfer will be instant, since it clears immedietly from your acct., if you pay by check to paypal, and they  immedietly  were to put the funds in your acct, and then you didn't have enough funds in your bank acct. to cover the funds....they would be in trouble. Some banks can take up to 10 days to clear checks! good luck.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.