Money Disappeared??

suhbj12
Contributor
Contributor

I have received refund from the seller on ebay to my paypal. In the history section of paypal, it says that I have gotten refund from the seller and that the money have been transferred to my credit card. However, when I check my bank account history, there is nothing about the money that is transferred. It seeems like money has been disappeared. What am I supposed to do?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

HarperValley
New Community Member

I'm having a similar problem!  I had $22.26 in credit waiting to be spent.  I went to renew my Match.com profile, and was led to PayPal for the $74.94 payment. 

After I went through the process, I noticed two things:

1.  My $22.26 credit was missing.

2.  My $74.94 renewal was charged to my Mastercard, not withdrawn from the bank account linked to PayPal. 

The $22.26 was never credited to my $74.94 purchase.  The purchase should have totaled $52.68 after the credit. 

Where is my money?  I want it back.  Any suggestions what I should do?

Login to Me Too

scarden6
New Community Member

The same happened to me too. I had $30.10 refunded to me and then I made a charge using an instant transfer from my bank account and then the $30.10 just disappeared on me. What happened to my money and what can be done to get it back?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Lilly
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello scarden6,

Welcome to the boards!

You mentioned that you were refunded, and the funds are not in your account.  It can depend on your original funding method as to where the funds are returned to.

Let's say you used your credit card--the funds will credit back to the card, typically within 3-5 days (however, it can take up to a full billing cycle depending on the credit card). 

If you funded the transaction using your bank, the funds would credit back to your PayPal balance. 

Hope this helps!

Lilly

Login to Me Too

scarden6
New Community Member

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.