Credits

dipatt
Contributor
Contributor

Good Afternoon,

I am new to eBay. I purchased an item that never arrived. I went through the buyers protection service and the seller credited my paypall account today 2-14-11. When I went to my paypall. account it had a 0 balance. It state the money went to the card I used to purchase the merchandise. Normally that would be great however, that card has been canceled by me, it was my debit card. I looked at my bank account and the money was not there. So what do I do now? HELP PLEASE! I really need to find those funds.

Thank you

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Welcome to the boards!

When a refund is issued to a credit or debit card, PayPal makes those funds available to the card company immediately.  However, card issuers can vary in how long they take to deposit the funds or apply the credit against your balance.  The card issuer is in control of this process, and can take up until the next statement to credit you, but most do so within a week.  To learn how long it may take your card issuer to credit you, we recommend giving them a call.

As for the closed debit card, the good news is this - the refund should still come through just fine.  If you've closed out that card, but still have an account with the company, they'll be able to see it was sent to the old card and move it appropriately. 

Hope this helps,

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.