Cannot remove debit card.

Akashi-Fox
Contributor
Contributor

So I'm having a bit of a problem the the add/remove debit card feature.

My bank was bought out by another bank, so they cancelled all the debit cards their customers had, and sent us new ones. 

My problem is that I cannot remove my old cancelled card from the list. When I try, I recieve a message stating "You may not remove your back-up funding source while an instant transfer is still pending." But I don't have any pending instant transfers. 

Can any one help me out?

Login to Me Too
17 REPLIES 17

RatherBeReading
New Community Member

Having the same problem ... 

And the "automated assistant" is worse than useless (only keeps trying to sell me the PayPal MasterCard), there doesn't seem to be any LIVE assistance, and this question has been here a month with no response.

This is customer service?

Login to Me Too

pac77
Contributor
Contributor

paypal **bleep** as usual. ebay created an illegal money system with loop holes. rotten.

now it does not let anyone remove a credit card. should the fbi be called in?

HEY PAYPAL **bleep**--REMOVE THE CARDS WE WANT TO REMOVE!

Login to Me Too

BillC-CA
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having same problem too. There are no instant transactions pending, and I closed the account a couple of months ago.

Login to Me Too

tmac72
New Community Member

I'm having the same problem. Hope someone comes along that can help out.

Login to Me Too

CarlinDFW
Contributor
Contributor

I've got the same problem. I've got a credit card that's going to expire at the end of April.  I want to remove it and replace it with another. When I try to remove it, it says "You may not remove your funding source while an authorization is still pending." Huh?  What pending transaction?  I don't see any pending transactions.  I don't know how to get help on this.

Login to Me Too

astridfeline
Contributor
Contributor

Only that I've been having the exact same problem and just emailed paypal for assistance.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Lilly
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello everyone!

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing an problem  when trying to update your financial information.  😞

First, make sure to check and see if there are any pending transactions in your account--here are the instructions to help you check that out:

• Click on history
  • Check your recent history for any pending/on hold transactions (this will show under the payment status)

If you do not have any transactions pending, please give our Customer Service a call.  They would be more than happy to take a look, and assist with getting the information updated.  🙂

Hope this helps!

Lilly

Login to Me Too

astridfeline
Contributor
Contributor

So it turns out I do have a pending transaction from more than a month ago, with no apparent way to cancel it.  PayPay Lilly, once I'm in the history looking at pending transactions, how do we delete them?

Login to Me Too

CarlinDFW
Contributor
Contributor
I looked, there are no pending transactions. I called paypal and they looked, and couldn't see one either. They removed the card for me over the phone.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.