Can't delete credit card

daddio1230
Contributor
Contributor

I have 2 credit cards on my account (in addition to my bank acct)

Two weeks ago I changed my primary (backup funding) card from one CC to the other.

Now I want to delete the other (no longer primary) card.

When I try to delete it, I get a Can't Do That message with the reason being there's an Instant Transfer in Pprogress.

This doesn't make sense.

Would appreciate any help on my problem.

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

goinape
New Community Member

I am also having the same problem and wanting information on how to delete a card I have canceled.

Login to Me Too

JulieDB
New Community Member

I'm having a similar problem.  I have two cards listed.  One expired back in 2008 however the bank closed the account long before that.  Their computer system was hacked so new cards were issued to everyone.  I keep trying to remove this card but it won't let me.  Says there is authorization pending or something like that.  Well the other day I could not use Paypal at all.  I kept getting a message to update the expired card.  I can't update it.  I no longer have that card.  And yet I can't remove it.  Grrr...

Login to Me Too

StephT
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the same problem...and I'm trying to get a debit card sent but it is pulling up the info from the old card. Anybody learn how to fix this yet?

Login to Me Too

typinmom
New Community Member

I was having the same sort of problem; a bank I no longer did business with and the canceled debit card that I'd been using on PayPal for several years.  I couldn't remove the card although I had a new debit card and an AMX card on my account.

What the problem seems to be is it's not the debit card they won't let me delete, it's the associated bank account that was listed as my "Primary" funding source.  I went  to( edit my new debit card) and made that bank account my primary funding source. 

Now it's just like when I first joined PayPal; I have to wait a couple of days until my new account is verified (they make a couple of small deposits into the account and you report to the amounts.  Remember doing that way back when you signed up?)

I'm assuming at that time I'll be able to delete the old account and credit card since I'll have a new, verified primary funding source.  IF NOT, I'll get back to you and tell you whatever else I had to do.  Patty

Login to Me Too

StephT
Contributor
Contributor

I actually ended up calling customer service, and they took care of it over the phone. Both my cards were through the same bank account and verified, so I don't know what the problem was, but they had fixed in about 2 minutes. 

Login to Me Too

daddio1230
Contributor
Contributor

I called Customer Service to get my second credit card deleted

CSR said it was a known problem that customers couldn't remove cards on-line

Supposedly PayPal is working to fix.

Login to Me Too

jsdykema
New Community Member

When I attempt to delete an older credit card I'm no longer using I keep getting a warning message saying,

"You may not remove your back-up funding source while an instant transfer is still pending."

But I checked all my account activity and there is no instant transfer pending.  I also have a newer credit card on the account that serves as the back-up funding source.   Any suggestions?

Login to Me Too

troupos40
New Community Member

I had the same problem, called Customer service they took care of it very quickly.

the number is Login, Click "Contact Us", Click "Customer Service Center"

Login to Me Too

pbish

I had same problem.  Called the help number and just rang once - then dead.  emailed and got the following...

The fastest and easiest way to complete this is to call us
directly at Contact Us. We'll be happy to walk you through any
necessary steps to make sure you get the information you need. 

I called and had it removed in minutes! 

Hope this hepls!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.