Added credit card and removed it after a while - will the confirmation fee be taken?

marcinp0903
Contributor
Contributor

I have just created PayPal account and added credit card information, it was written that there will be taken a fee that will be returned in order to confirm account. I removed my card after a while, so will PayPal take this fee from my credit card or not?

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

skier
Advisor
Advisor

If your intent was to verify your account, that won't happen now.

Account Verification tips:

Credit cards would receive the 4 digit code on a line with a US $1.95 (or equivalent in some other countries) charge. The number would appear before the word PayPal on your credit card statement. To enter your PayPal code, log in to your PayPal account, click Profile at the top of the page and click Credit Cards under Financial Information. Upon entering the proper code, that amount is refunded to your PayPal balance.

Bank accounts are sent two random deposits to establish that there's a good path between PayPal and your bank for future transactions, as well as to demonstrate that the account holder has access to the records for the bank account on file with PayPal. It can take up to 3 days to complete the verification process. Once you enter your bank account details, PayPal will make 2 small deposits (less than $1.00) into your account. After you confirm the deposit amounts, PayPal will link your account.

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

marcinp0903
Contributor
Contributor

So there won't be any founds (this $1.95) taken from my credit card, right?

I am just thinking about that if PayPal will take samething from my account, so that's why I started topic. So can you answer me to confirm that no money will be taken from my credit card ;).

Login to Me Too

skier
Advisor
Advisor

This how it worked for us.

Credit cards would receive the 4 digit code on a line with a US $1.95 (or equivalent in some other countries) charge. The number would appear before the word PayPal on your credit card statement. To enter your PayPal code, log in to your PayPal account, click Profile at the top of the page and click Credit Cards under Financial Information. Upon entering the proper code, that amount is refunded to your PayPal balance.  We were charged a $1.95 on our card, after verification the $1.95 was returned to our PayPal Account balance.

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

marcinp0903
Contributor
Contributor

Yes I know, but I have deleted this credit card from PayPal account, that's why I am asking, there will be no place to redeem this 4-digit code, because I removed this card. So if I removed credit card just after its adding and seeing communicate that confirmation fee will be taken, will PayPal still take this $1.95 from my credit card?

Login to Me Too

skier
Advisor
Advisor

Sorry can't say as you interrupted the process.  You just have to wait and see what happens next.   When people do unexpected things, one cannot say what will happen.

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

MichaelMa

I didn't get the verify code for 2 days, so I just removed my credit card from paypal, now I find the 1.5 euro is credited , and I don't have place to input the code, is that means  I can  not get it refund ?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.