Ask an Expert Dec 15: Anurag Avula, Jeremy Khoo & Rachel Chan

PayPal_Luna
Contributor
Contributor

Hello there and welcome to our first Ask an Expert session!

Once in a while we sit down with e-commerce experts across the region, and this time we are excited to have some of the most experienced and inspirational online business owners around! Quick bio:

• Anurag Avula: Ex Paypal APAC Senior Director, currently CEO & CoFounder at Shopmatic Just about the best person for you to ask technical & design questions about online launch, operation and growth.

* Unfortunately Jeremy is not currently available to answer questions, but he shall be able to response in January. 

The three experts will be around on this thread to answer questions in the next 2-3 weeks. They will also sit down in a panel discussion later that will be filmed and uploaded.

Before we get started, I have a small surprise for you: We are giving away 10x US$100 Google Adwords vouchers to people with the most interesting questions! So you will be rewarded for getting your problems solved, how does that sound?

Detailed T&Cs for the giveaways are found here. If you haven’t read the board sticky post, I encourage you to do so. Now let’s get started!

Luna

If my post or any other was helpful, please show your appreciation by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too
134 REPLIES 134

Dynemix
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there...

i was using paypal for a years...

and paypal is giving me so many advantage for my e-commerce website..

as a growing online bussiness, there is alot of dark spot ive been through,

maybe the starting darkspot is how to make people visiting our website and advertise-it (through social media, advertising company, door to door)

but after you got traffic to your website there alot of thing that you have to worry about :

1. User trust

2. stable and responsive website

3. hospitable

4. security for the owner website and client

ive been working from the 1 to 3, but the number 4 its really hard to do it,

securing our website is the hardest thing i have ever know,

luckily i have paypal who will be protecting data client, which make people really trust to buy in my online bussiness website.

all i want to ask the expert is,

how to make a super safe website (from many aspect) like : backdoor, ddos, checking the vulnurable code at our site, caching our site so more responsively, how to get a green bar SSL (make visitor more feel safe) , bruteforce, etc.

its really important when your e-commerce is growing significant and you have alot of rival.

Login to Me Too
Solved

RachelChan
Contributor
Contributor

@Dynemix wrote:

Hi there...

i was using paypal for a years...

and paypal is giving me so many advantage for my e-commerce website..

as a growing online bussiness, there is alot of dark spot ive been through,

maybe the starting darkspot is how to make people visiting our website and advertise-it (through social media, advertising company, door to door)

but after you got traffic to your website there alot of thing that you have to worry about :

1. User trust

2. stable and responsive website

3. hospitable

4. security for the owner website and client

ive been working from the 1 to 3, but the number 4 its really hard to do it,

securing our website is the hardest thing i have ever know,

luckily i have paypal who will be protecting data client, which make people really trust to buy in my online bussiness website.

all i want to ask the expert is,

how to make a super safe website (from many aspect) like : backdoor, ddos, checking the vulnurable code at our site, caching our site so more responsively, how to get a green bar SSL (make visitor more feel safe) , bruteforce, etc.

its really important when your e-commerce is growing significant and you have alot of rival.

Hi Dynemix,

Do you collect personal info of your user in your website? If yes, you may need to secure your website in these areas.

1) Have a solid backup plan in place should your website gets compromised.

2) Get your developer to secure your system's source code and conduct a penetration test

3) Check out Cloudflare and consider using their service. They pretty much cover all the concerns you have on security.

Hope this helps.

Yours sincerely,

Rachel

Login to Me Too

Just_Seth
New Community Member
Hello to thee o great adepts of business... Well seriously, Hi I'm Seth, and I'm 17 years old. My family started a business, a water purification station.(In my country, Philippines we don't drink tap water) And it has been almost two years but still doesn't show any progress at all, and the income, Oh the income! The income barely pays for the electricity bills yet alone the water bills... If this problem keeps going on, My parents have no choice but to sell our business. Wich is quite sad looking on our state now, we're nearly going for broke! My mom works really hard, and I know my dad is too but almost all of their salary goes on paying depts...(we are drowning from it) It's hard to imagine stopping my studies because we don't have money anymore. So pleasee I beg you experts to help me with our business.
Login to Me Too

davetan2002
Contributor
Contributor

Has the world of online business become saturated ? I have tried to set up several but met with no success. Payment is always an issue and sources for inventory are always slow. Any good advice what to look out for before one jumps into the ocean of online biz ? Is there any financial aid available or potential investors for such business ?

Login to Me Too

ashokksingal
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Jeremy, In the online marketplace place for exclusive garment designs, what would be your recommended strategy to prevent competition from making counterfeit products !! Is the traditional 'brick and mortar' store a better alternative for such exclusive designs !

Login to Me Too

andre-d
Contributor
Contributor

I have a plan to sell products online, the products that would I sell are handcrafted and I plan to sell it worldwide. but I was confused to begin with, what should I do first. please provide advice to me how do I started.

what do I need to provide the number of products a lot or I see the first market opportunity of my products.

do I need to sell it through third parties like amazon and ebay.

thank you

andre

Login to Me Too

SUNIL951
New Community Member

Please arrange the order

1. Advertising cost and manner 

2. Product price

3. Idea 

4. Product lunch date / time

5. All

Login to Me Too

goodboy1316
New Community Member
Hi i want open e-commerce and how i will start and what i need I am going to sell semi stitch cloths and wall painting Any suggestions Thanks Kanaiya datwani
Login to Me Too

andiyy6

Hello experts, my name is Abdul Wahid andi I was 20 years old,
I've recently been doing business online and umayan income for the needs of my life.
but when I read the bio Anurag Avula, Jeremy Khoo & Rachel Chan I was amazed because they support me that I could be like them, but there are still many shortcomings in me to run the online business
and whether experts can membingbing me and can be my teacher?
and share knowledge on me so that I could be like you.

Login to Me Too

inblues
Contributor
Contributor

Hi expert,

I want to ask how to build an online business that can attrack customer to our website and also can attract investor to invest in this online business? I am a tech guy, building an online platform is not an issue but my main issue is online marketing and how to find funding especially angel funding.

Thanks in advanced

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.