Ask an Expert Dec 15: Anurag Avula, Jeremy Khoo & Rachel Chan

PayPal_Luna
Contributor
Contributor

Hello there and welcome to our first Ask an Expert session!

Once in a while we sit down with e-commerce experts across the region, and this time we are excited to have some of the most experienced and inspirational online business owners around! Quick bio:

• Anurag Avula: Ex Paypal APAC Senior Director, currently CEO & CoFounder at Shopmatic Just about the best person for you to ask technical & design questions about online launch, operation and growth.

* Unfortunately Jeremy is not currently available to answer questions, but he shall be able to response in January. 

The three experts will be around on this thread to answer questions in the next 2-3 weeks. They will also sit down in a panel discussion later that will be filmed and uploaded.

Before we get started, I have a small surprise for you: We are giving away 10x US$100 Google Adwords vouchers to people with the most interesting questions! So you will be rewarded for getting your problems solved, how does that sound?

Detailed T&Cs for the giveaways are found here. If you haven’t read the board sticky post, I encourage you to do so. Now let’s get started!

Luna

If my post or any other was helpful, please show your appreciation by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too
134 REPLIES 134

malouisa
Contributor
Contributor

I am struggling honestly online on how to really make real good money. And I am so amazed with those big checks that i saw from online ads. I've been joining lots of programs but with no good results yet. My question is not really connected with technical issues because i can follow instructions on what to do but more on capital. For us with tight budget, as in super tight, do we really have the chance to make real good money online? I've tried several programs to build residual income and usually it has monthly fees that is why i often ended up on quitting even if i don't like to because of no more money to sustain. I'm trying now, one time fee programs but still no results even i did post to free sites like social media, TEs, safelists and a lot more. Do people like me, have a chance to earn big online? How?

Login to Me Too

rolandnavarrajr
New Community Member

Hi,

There are other types of payment option like paywal have. Most of e commerce business uses online payment methods. As a stable and known payment site what are the edge of paypal from other that will make  it stand as #1. Of course most of e commerce entrprenuer must have peace of mind that their money is safe. We have Payoneer, amazon payments, Google wallet why should we choose Paypal among the rest yet they are also big companies that offer same services with paypal?

Login to Me Too

indrasjuriah
Contributor
Contributor

How to Maximize Conversion With Google Adwords?

I'm interested to find out how to maximize conversion with google adwords. Since all we have in google are keywords instead of audiences with specific interest.

Login to Me Too

knight1301

When you first start your business did you get much money? And you did that business because of passion (or somethings you like) or money? If your business made not much money do you continue with that and hope it'll grow somedays or leave it? And do you have any advice for a newbie in business like me? Documents about SEO, how to get more customers, etc? Thank you!

Login to Me Too

Mosaid
New Community Member

Hi, my question is as novice enterpreneur:

Are there any pitfalls or must-dos that I should look out for when using paypal as a payment option on my website?

Login to Me Too

esth89
New Community Member
I am a new startup selling skincare products online. I was approached by several internet marketing "expertise" companies offering their services such as Social media ads (Facebook, Instagram), GDN, Remarketing Services, Adwords, SEO, etc. I am sometimes confused why their CPC (pay per click) would range from RM1 - RM7 offered by different companies. Does the value of the CPC reflects the value of the customers that are drived to our website? In which the conversion would also be better compare to those of lower value? Please advice and looking forward to your helpful reply~ Esther
Login to Me Too

nariyo

What are the limits of risk you are prepared to start an online business?

Login to Me Too
Solved

RachelChan
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Nariyo,

Interesting question 🙂

There's the tangible risk and intangible risk. I would say be prepared to risk losing your time with friends and family for the first few years of running your business. For tangible risk, whatever I have put into this business... money, time and effort, that's the risk I am prepared to lose overnight. 

Don't get me wrong. I am not saying that I am set out to fail, but the mindset to start a business has to be fearless.

Yours sincerely,

Rachel

Login to Me Too

Rogue08

can a ordinary PILIPINO citizen help improve there lives using paypal.?

Login to Me Too

claude741110

Its a good thing you guys came up with an integrated solutions in terms of mobilizing a business into a less intricate web based business solution. However, modes and terms of payment were quite viable thus offered by a growing additional entrepreneurs catering same services, my question is.

Since business entities are your major target clients (Shopmatic and Paypal in particular), can you extend your service starting from web and system design up to business operations analysis, problem identification, and finally recommendation of solutions in technical, operations and financial (accounting) aspects? As we all know that most newcomers in the business world can easily disregard such matters wherein miscalculations and misprojections were a common mistake. I mean, can you somehow provide a visual or just in a standard form wherein significant figures of the business can be clearly observed? Best if summaries and projections are also provided, just a mere guide for those who are newbies in the industry.

Best    

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.