pending bank transfer

redbimota
Contributor
Contributor

just how long do I have to wait to have my money???  Pending bank transfer for 4 days now

Login to Me Too
14 REPLIES 14

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

From paypal to your bank account normally up to 72 days.

From your bank account to paypal 5-7 days.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

redbimota
Contributor
Contributor

I assume you are taking the mick...normally 2 hours. I have a business account and am losing a puchase because paypal have stolen my money

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

No and your welcome.

Redemption/withdrawal payments using the Faster Payments Service could (but are not guaranteed to) be credited to your bank account within 2 hours.

As i said can be up to 72 hours.

Not sure why your buyer has to wait though, my items get sent out the instant a buyer has paid ie the money hits my paypal account.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

redbimota
Contributor
Contributor

seriously ..72 days.  

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Added a bit to my post above and also i have a theory on why it is sometimes 72 hours.>>>>

When you pay a seller it is never instant > paypal credit the seller for you and then start the process of uploading your funds to paypal from your funding source.

So if you as that seller withdraw that payment instantly then its paypals money you are withdrawing and i reckon the hold is just a precaution whilst they wait for the buyers funds to clear through to themselves.

The reason i think this? Normally i withdraw funds about once a month and NEVER had a hold. BUT I had a bigger payment than usual and withdraw that straight away and guess what I had a 72 hour hold....coincidence? maybe but I think not.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

suzysuzy
New Community Member

I have this same problem.  Before I click on 'transfer' paypal said this could TAKE UP TO 2 HOURS!!  Yes, I agree they are taking the micky big time 😞 not happy

Login to Me Too

laredos6969

Realy,  7 days???

Login to Me Too

graham1949
Contributor
Contributor

I cannot believe this!?!?, i really  cannot believe that i can transfer £1 from my bank account  to my papal account within minutes  but if i transfer £25 it takes 5/7 days even though it is showing up in my papal balance.

I have refunded a buyer £20.50 i did this 18/11/2013 soon after the bank transfer because i had no money in my papal, naughty me spent it on Sunday.

This buyer has to wait until the 26/11/2013 to get their refund , how ridiculous is that...........

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Its never instant > when you pay a seller paypal CREDIT the seller for you and then start the process of uploading your funds from your funding souce...........that takes up to 5 days....ish.

So if as the seller you process a refund then paypal will put it on hold as they are still waiting for the buyers payment to progress through to paypal and then they will credit the refund.

This is because paypal use electronic transfers and not wire transfers (which are instant.)

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.