how to change mobile pin

GillianCooke36
New Community Member

can someone please tell me how to change my mobile pin on my paypal account when paying via ebay app - I have searched and searched and it is driving me mad as I can't remember what it is!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_david

Hi there GillianCooke36,

The quickest and easiest thing for you to do would be to disable your mobile phone and then register it again. You can follow the steps I have included below in order to do this.

You can deactivate PayPal Mobile from your Profile. When your phone is deactivated, you can't send or receive payments with PayPal Mobile from that phone number.

We’ve recently changed the Profile page for some customers. To deactivate PayPal Mobile, please follow the set of instructions below that match what you see on your account:

1. Log in to your PayPal account at www.paypal.co.uk
2. Click 'Profile' near the top of the page.
3. Select 'Phones and Mobile Payments' in the Account Information column. (Don’t see this step? Follow the alternative set of instructions below.)
4. Click 'Deactivate Payments' next to the phone number.
5. Select ‘Deactivate Phone’.
6. Click 'Save'.
7. Click 'Remove'.

Or

1. Go to www.paypal.co.uk and log in to your account.
2. Click 'Profile' near the top of the page.
3. In the ‘Phone‘ section, click ‘mobile payments’.
4. Click 'Deactivate Payments' next to the phone number.
5. Select ‘Deactivate Phone’.
6. Click 'Save'.
7. Click 'Remove'.

Note: This does not delete the phone number from your PayPal account.

To activate your phone for mobile payments:

We’ve recently changed the Profile page for some customers. To activate PayPal Mobile, please follow the set of instructions below that match what you see on your account:

1. Log into your PayPal account at www.paypal.co.uk
2. Click ‘Profile’ near the top of the page.
3. Select ‘Phones and Mobile Payments’ in the ‘Account Information’ column. (Don’t see this step? Follow the alternative set of instructions below.)
4. Click ‘Add’ to add the mobile phone you wish to use.
5. Click ‘Activate Payments’ next to the phone you have added.
6. Create a Mobile PIN – you will be asked for this PIN each time you make a payment using your phone.
7. Click ‘Continue’ and check your mobile phone for an SMS text message from PayPal containing a confirmation code.
8. Enter the confirmation code on PayPal to confirm ownership of your phone.

Or

1. Go to www.paypal.co.uk and log in to your account.
2. Click ‘Profile’ near the top of the page.
3. In the ‘Phone‘ section, click ‘mobile payments’.
4. Click ‘Add’ to add the mobile phone you wish to use.
5. Click ‘Activate Payments’ next to the phone you have added.
6. Create a Mobile PIN – you will be asked for this PIN each time you make a payment using your phone.
7. Click ‘Continue’ and check your mobile phone for an SMS text message from PayPal containing a confirmation code.
8. Enter the confirmation code on PayPal to confirm ownership of your phone.

To use some features of PayPal Mobile, your phone must have WAP 2.0, a secure connection, and it must allow cookies.

Standard PayPal fee rates apply to mobile payments. PayPal will not charge any additional fees, however your mobile network provider may charge you for data, messaging, and voice usage.

For more information on PayPal Mobile:
  1. Visit www.paypal.co.uk
  2. Click ‘Home’ near the top of the page.
  3. Under 'Home', hover your icon over ‘Other ways to pay’ and select 'Pay with your mobile'.

Im sorry for the long answer but I hope the information helps.

David.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.