credit card can't be linked to additional PayPal accounts. Please link a different credit card.

ppBtrollN
New Community Member

I keep getting this Message "We're sorry, but that credit card can't be linked to additional PayPal accounts. Please link a different credit card."

so annoying, this is the same card i've used and it's not working .

this is stupid

i hope a represenative can help me with this properly instead of just telling me the same dumb **bleep** **bleep**er bull**bleep** i keep seeing from Olivia

i need help now.

Login to Me Too
67 REPLIES 67

Helle
New Community Member
Is there any update on this topic from Paypal? I'm having the same issue and do only have one account and no family members who could have used my card. It seems to be an error as we are quite a bunch of users experiencing the same issue. Paypal - is anyone from your dev team looking into this potential error?
Login to Me Too

User12344

Paypal is a piece of you know what.  What kind of stupid system is this anyway.  I'm trying to buy something on ebay and even just using the credit card it uses paypal to process.  What idiot programmed this?  What kind of stupid system keeps you from paying?  Damn I need to cancel my ebay purchase now because I can't pay it. Security my A$$ 

Login to Me Too

MateiMMM
Contributor
Contributor

Hi everyone,

I kept getting that message, and then I got an ideea. I verified, on my internet banking, my card's carging limits for internet shopping without the security code, and it was set to 0. I have set that limit to 100 ($, Euros, etc) for exemple. Then I tried to link my card again and what do you know ... it works. Maybe you guys have similar limitations on your card, for you protection.

Hope it helps 😉 !

Login to Me Too

satanovsyn

Hello, same here, but I change card to new one:

I have Card Visa Electron, which I am using for paying through Internet.

I changed Card 3months ago and now I have problem with Adding this card.

I get error: "We're sorry, but that credit card can't be linked to additional PayPal accounts. Please link a different credit card."

My limits are OK, because I am paying with this card trough Internet without any problem.

Why I can't add this card to paypal?

I called to my Bank Provider and he told me, that card is completly same as previous.

One thing is new, paying without PIN code till 20€. It's this your problem with my card?

Michal Hanzal

Login to Me Too

jazzhands2013
New Community Member

I had the same problem. You need to remember to put the space between the 4 digits in your card, not put it on as one big 16 digit number. Frustrating or what but that's all I had to do.

Login to Me Too

CardWontLinkUp
New Community Member

Ditto.  Was working 15 minutes ago, than, stupid message.

Frustrating.  Already agree'd to buy item on ebay, now no way to pay.  And knowing paypal, it might or might not get fixed sometime in 2017.  Till then Im stuck.

Login to Me Too

jkmill

Nope. That did not change anything at all.

Login to Me Too

Defect

Having the same problem. No possible way this card has ever been used. I'm an avid online gamer so Paypal is rather essential to pay for many things. It would be nice if Paypal could address this issue, as it obviously needs attention.

Login to Me Too

jkmill

I have used my Paypal account with the same credit card for the last 3 years. It has been a few months since my last usage. Suddenly, when trying to complete an eBay purchase, I receive a message that I need to link a new card and that there are 0 cards associated to my account. I re-entered my card information, but now I keep receiving this message: "We're sorry, but that credit card can't be linked to additional PayPal accounts. Please link a different credit card."

Before you respond, please consider that:
1. There is only 1 PayPal account.
2. In the past, there was 1 other card associated with the account.
3. NO ONE else in my household or family has a PayPal account.
4. Nobody -- other than myself -- uses my credit card; this is regularly checked with my bank.
5. I followed Paypal's instructions and received the above message.
6. Please do not tell me to get another card.
7. I have noticed many, many similar complaints while browsing online. And no PayPal moderator has responded to complaints on this feed for many months -- posting now because I am desperate and hoping for the best.

8. Really quite a nice touch of sadistic bureaucracy that I can't contact PayPal via email with this complaint as the mail will not go through until I enter 4 digits from a RECOGNIZED card. Not only that, but the 1-809-477-777 number given for calling customer service is either incomplete or a mistake. 

I use PayPal for all eBay transactions. Problems such as this that prevent payments jeopardize my reputation as an eBay user. Please take care of this immediately. 

Thank you.

Login to Me Too

LKhoja

We're sorry, but that credit card can't be linked to additional PayPal accounts. Please link a different credit card.

I keep getting this massage i contacted my bank and every thing was clear from them! i know this is my CC have not been used before or linked whatsoever! could you help me please?

i cant use "conatct us" coz it requires a valid CC nomber 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.