credit card can't be linked to additional PayPal accounts. Please link a different credit card.

ppBtrollN
New Community Member

I keep getting this Message "We're sorry, but that credit card can't be linked to additional PayPal accounts. Please link a different credit card."

so annoying, this is the same card i've used and it's not working .

this is stupid

i hope a represenative can help me with this properly instead of just telling me the same dumb **bleep** **bleep**er bull**bleep** i keep seeing from Olivia

i need help now.

Login to Me Too
67 REPLIES 67

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

You must have another paypal account with that card linked.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

kermitsgirl
New Community Member

This is clearly a PAYPAL problem, not a problem with everyone's card. I have been trying to add a prepaid Visa card that a friend gave me. It is registered properly with an address. It had NEVER BEEN OPENED before I registered it. I've even reviewed a history of transactions on this card - there is only one, where it was purchased and money was added.

Paypal needs to fix this problem immediately.

Login to Me Too

Perico
Contributor
Contributor

i will just froget about paypal, simply as that.

Login to Me Too

Ludicrous
Contributor
Contributor
This is simply ridiculous. My Visa expires, I get a new one and I try to add it to my paypal account. It says that it can't be added to additional accounts. Ok, so I decide to replace my new one with my old one by deleting the previous one. As I try to add the new one I am told that I can't. What is this garbage? I will contact the manufacturer of breathing masks and tell them that they have to give me another option, as obviously Pay Pal is faulty. I am trying not to die from the smog here in China by buying a breathing mask (as I've run out), and paypal is not even offering any support to help solve this matter? Pathetic. I am very disappointed in this company. I don't think I will use it again. I have wasted over 2 hours trying to get my stupid new card to work on your system. Forget it. I've had enough.
Login to Me Too

pinkchii

please i have the same problem. I've tried to contact costumer support but up until now there has been no response. I am using a new card and this is my first paypal account. Hope one of these days someone would help me. Hopefully you wouldn't tell me to change my card because getting one cost me so much already and I just want to link my card. Its been very frustrating considering i am new to this site. Hope my first impression wouldn't last

Login to Me Too

Hayyjayy21
New Community Member
I am also having the same problem, this is the only paypal account my card could be linked with and no one else uses it. Will someone please contact me about this? I'd really appreciate it. I cannot use my eBay account because PayPal does not want to cooperate. This is very upsetting it's only the second time I've tried using paypal. -Haley
Login to Me Too

Sanny
Contributor
Contributor

I changed my country of residence. To change the country into a Paypal account Paypal service telling to me that I must to delete the old account and create a new one. After I removed the old and created a new one - Paypal service telling to me that I can not re-register the old credit card and I must to add a new credit card!!!!!!!!
Is there any drop of sense in the work of this system (Paypal)???????

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Due to the many differing regulations country to country you have to open a new paypal account if you move abroad.

You can only link a card from that country to your paypal account eg a UK card to a UK paypal account or a eg French card to a French paypal account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.