Shipping address changed spontaneously

TMAZ
Contributor
Contributor

I moved a few months ago, and changed my shipping/home address in Paypal (as well as Ebay). I've had  no problem with this until just a few days ago. I received an invoice from a seller (not through Ebay), and paid the invoice. As I was clicking the pay button, I noticed that my old address was showing up as the shipping address. I contacted the merchant and asked them to change my shipping address (they had sent invoices previously and the correct address had shown up; nothing was changed to make the old one start showing up). I went into Paypal and deleted the old address (which was listed as a secondary address, not primary) completely to keep it from happening again. I got another merchant invoice today, and as I paid it, I noticed that my old address was showing up AGAIN, even though it had been deleted from my Paypal account. I went into my Paypal account and can't find the old address anywhere, so I don't know how or why this is happening. Is there a way to fix this? It is extremely inconvenient and potentially very costly if the merchandise is shipped to the wrong address!

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

PayPal_paula

Hi TMAZ, 

If you have removed your old shipping address then it should not be appearing as an option any more. The website you are purchasing from, would you have registered your shipping address previously with them and maybe not updated it. 

If there is a log on option for that merchant than I would recommend that you log on to your profile and ensure it has been updated on their site also. 

Thanks for posting 

Paula 

Login to Me Too

TMAZ
Contributor
Contributor

No, I am not purchasing from a website - they send me an invoice after I give them my order via email. So they shouldn't have anything but my email address on the invoice - at least nothing else shows up when I get the invoice. The seller's address is on the invoice, but not mine.

Any other ideas?

Login to Me Too

TIGGY0SCAR
New Community Member

I have had the same problem with ebay- I moved over 3 years ago and have had numerous parcels delivered to the correct address over this period- then all of a sudden I stopped receiving my orders. after a while I thought it was a bit strange so I checked my paypal details and they were correct- but when I checked my ebay details I found that my shipping address had suddenly changed back to my old address- after 3 and a half years of no problems. I have contacted ebay but they deny any resposibility and say that this has not happened to anyone else- even though I told them that it has happened to 2 other people I know. They insist that  I must have done it myself- even though I had to search for the way to find where to change it when I wanted to check it ! I spent an houtr today trying to sort this out with them to no avail !

Login to Me Too

TIGGY0SCAR
New Community Member

I also deleted the other address completely to prevent this happening again- or at least until ebay decide to f**k up again !

Login to Me Too

TMAZ
Contributor
Contributor

Glad I'm not the only one! It's incredibly frustrating, especially when Ebay and Paypal deny that it's their system that is screwing things up. Then we are left to deal with the fallout - lost packages and all the problems that can bring, and sometimes losing money as a result. How they manage to mess things up so often and still claim that it's our fault is incredible - great customer service!  >:-[  And they make us pay to use their services. Nice.

Login to Me Too

TMAZ
Contributor
Contributor

Is there a moderator that can help with this problem??? It just happened AGAIN when paying for some items from the ThinkGeek website!! I have my current address listed with ThinkGeek (I had just gotten some items from them shipped to my current address), and when I paid for the items my address had been changed to my OLD address yet again!! I am so frustrated I could scream! I can't find my old address on Paypal ANYWHERE - I have deleted it on Paypal and it is not on the vendor website, but when I paid them through Paypal, my old address was inserted as the shipping address. Then, to make matters worse, I purchased ANOTHER item and entered my sister's address as the 'ship to' address when Paying with Paypal. After payment was made, the shipping address that Think Geek has is my OLD ADDRESS again, not my sister's address (even though it is showing up correctly in the Paypal receipt/payment details). So somehow Paypal is communicating old, incorrect information to other vendors, even though I am doing everything correctly on my end. WHEN WILL THIS PROBLEM BE FIXED???!! I can't keep using Paypal if this keeps happening. I can't afford to have all of my packages shipped to an old address! 
I am going to end up using a credit card instead of Paypal if this isn't addressed.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.