Sending money to the USA

Abinet
Contributor
Contributor
I just tried to send money to a relative in the USA when I put her email it came back with"this recipient is currently unable to receive money " no explanation of why or how to resolve the problem. Then I put her mobile no with US area code and to my horror I received a notice with a "44"" attached to the mobile number! Fortunately I cancelled immediately . But should there not be some kind of help in sending money if that is what Paypal is for. I tried to call they are closed till the morning! Very frustrating!
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

That message means that the receiver has not confirmed their email address. 

Login to Me Too

Abinet
Contributor
Contributor
what does this mean ? " not confirmed their email address"? rejection of my payment instruction was instantly rejected anyway so there was no period between my attempt and Paypals response of "receiver...
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Dian

Hi Abinet,

Thank you for posting here. 

Sorry that you could not send the payment. 

It looks that the receiver is unable to receive any money at the moment when you tried to send it. As mentioned it could be that the email address is not confirmed or there could be other reasons. I would advise to contact the receiver of the funds and ask them of their PayPal account is active and in good order. When this is the case you will be able to send the money :). 

I hope this helps. 

Dian

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.