Receiving money fom ebay sales

moyvipond
Contributor
Contributor

HI have recently sold 2 items on Ebay. THe payments are "pending through paypal" but i have not recieved them. The buyers have looked into this and the payments are noted as "unclaimed" - why is this happening? I have sold other items in the last few days and funds have been recieved fine.....

Many thanks

Moyra

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Firstly can you go and check your emal addy on those auction, to do this go to ebay > sell and do a pretend sell just as far as you need to go to be able to scroll down to the payments section. Now is the email addy in that paypal box correct?

If it is then do you have a personal account? If so are you being asked to either claim or upgrade your account to accept card funded payments or as a new paypal account holder.

Payments from new sellers are often held but this is different if the buyers see unclaimed.

If the email addy is wrong then you need to ask your buyers if the unclaimed has a cancel button next to it.

When you have done all that come back for further advice if you need it.  

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

moyvipond
Contributor
Contributor

Hiya - checked email address and its the right one, as I mentioned I have been selling different items over the last week and received the money fine for the others?

I have a personal account - premier account? I don't see anywhere where its asking me to upgrade or do anything??

Can you provide any further advice?

M

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

I'm at a loss.

Here are the 2 options for unclaimed showing on your buyers paypal account.

If the PayPal status is Unclaimed and there is not a Cancel button next to the transaction on the Overview page, then the payment needs to be manually claimed by the seller.

This might be because the seller is new and has to claim their first payment, or because you’ve sent them a payment using your debit/credit card and they either have to manually accept the payment, or need to upgrade their PayPal account to accept it.

If the PayPal status is Unclaimed and there is a Cancel button next to the transaction on the Overview page, then the payment has been sent to an email address that is not associated with the seller’s PayPal account.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

moyvipond
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for replying - much appreciated.

Before I go back to the buyers and ask them to check, how do I manually accept a payment? Also how would I know I had to upgrade my account and how would I do it?

Thanks

Login to Me Too

moyvipond
Contributor
Contributor

sorry i should have said I am not a new buyer/seller to ebay but i hadn't sold for a while until last week

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

If there is no option for you to accept it or upgrade i really don't know, your case seems very odd. Are you sure it was unclaimed like the buyers said it was? And are you sure there was no spelling mistake in the email addy? Even a misplaced dot would make it unclaimed.

Also is this a new email addy since you started selling again in which case have you verified the email addy yet?

Keep checking as their will be paypal moderators back tomorrow that will post on the boards and may be able to correct me if i am wrong or missed anything.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

harynj

I have the exact same problem since yesterday (23rd march) i am a seller and 3 of my buyers have paid me, Firstly one from France, i thought this was normal practice then remembered i've been having buyers all over the world for my products and this has never occured before.. and today i have had to buyers from the UK both who are members for a long time with huge feedback scores.

It's telling me the same thing " This Payment is pending through paypal", i have received emails but they don't seem to look genuine when compared to my previous "Notification of instant payment" messages i've received, i then logged into my paypal account and there is absolutely NO trace of payment received or even most recent pending transactions..

WHAT IS GOING ON???... it's too late to contact customer services as lines are now closed, the Virtual agent is a load of nonsense!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.