Receiving a payment?

lister110
Contributor
Contributor

This is probably an easy question, but I am selling something on Preloved.co.uk and the buyer and myself have paypal accounts. I have never really used my paypal for Buyer/Seller circumstances.

If I was selling an item and he wanted to purchase though paypal what details should I give him, and how long does it take to show up in my account, I guess then I send the item in the post...I gather the address will be registered to the buyers paypal account, how do I check this?

If the item needed to be boxed, is there a way to increase the amount to cover packaging.

Im a little unsure how it works?

rob

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_david

Hi there Lister110,

I fully understand that you have a few different questions about selling items and receiving payments in to your PayPal account. I will try and give you as much information as possible regarding this.

When you have sold an item, you can request the payment from your buyer by pressing the 'Request Money' option on the top of any PayPal webpage. From here, you can then select goods, enter your buyers email address and then enter the amount of the item and also the shipping amount.

If your buyer makes the payment from a credit or debit card, the funds should be credited to your PayPal account instantly. If they send the funds using their bank account, there are two different ways that a bank funded payment will be received. One is an instant transfer payment and will be instant and the second payment is as eCheck which can take between 5 and 7 working days to complete processing.

If you have to pay for postage and packaging if the item needs to be packaged, you can request this when requesting the funds from your buyer in order to cover the postage costs for the item to arrive to you.

I hope this information helps,

David.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.