Postage labels issue in UK.

helenhere
Contributor
Contributor

I am in UK, could not find UK community.Smiley Surprised
I was happy discover that I could print out postage labels and just put the parcels in the post box. Smiley Tongue
Well, that was too simple I discovered when I bought "signed for" and the postman still squeezed the parcel through the letterbox and didn't ask for a signature.Smiley Sad

I have all night tried to find out why this happened and also tried to find a tracking number but no. I run in circles at Paypal help, Royal-mail help and Ebay help.
 Early this morning  I got in contact with someone at Royal-mail. Aaahh,  I have to go to the post office to get a tracking number and make the postman ask for a signature, without that the postage I bought is useless. I have wasted 74p on quite a few parcels now and I am angry, where does it say on Paypal that you have to use the post-office to make the labels work?  I cant find it.

Shouldn't I get my money back? I have paid for something I did not get and  in good faith that I would get "signed for" proof of delivered parcels.

Shouldn't Paypal make it clear when you buy the labels that you have to go to the post-office and post it and not just put it in the post box. 

Rant rant rant Smiley Mad
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_david

Hi there Helenhere,

Sorry about the delay in getting back to you.

I understand that you were not aware but it shows you any time you are purchasing a Signed for Delivery service that you need to bring the item to your local post office. When you are making a payment for recorded delivery with Royal Mail, in the 'Postage Options' section, you will have a section in bold that says the following:

Level of Tracking: Full online tracking with free online delivery confirmation.

Note: Package needs to be dropped off at the PostOffice counter for tracking.

Label Expiry Date: Item needs to be posted by the end of the next working day from label purchase date.

I have taken the above three lines from the bottom of the Postage Options section when recorded delivery is being purchased through PayPal for Royal Mail.

I'm not sure if it is possible to get a refund on the labels even if you did not receive a recorded delivery service. The only thing is that you have 7 working days from the date that the payment was sent for the postage in order to request a refund.

David.

Login to Me Too

Lucyloo40
Contributor
Contributor

I agree its not very clear that you have to go to the post office to get your tracking number. I recently printed a recorded for label and the email I received gave me three options i.e. post pox, post office or collection. I actually put mine in the post out tray at work and I've just been search through my emails to try and find a tracking number to make sure it was delivered. Wish I'd just gone to the post office now.

I also underestimated the weight on another package - guess my bathroom scales are not thar accurate. When I got to the post office they refused to take my parcel and wouldn't let me pay the difference so I've had to pay the whole postage cost and now I'm trying to claim back the cost of my label through paypal.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.