Polish to English money transfer

frankspencer
New Community Member

Hi all,

i am trying to help my girlfriend out. Her parents are living in Poland and want to send her some money towards a new car. her father has been to his bank and wanted to know the rate to transfer £1000 to her hsbc account here in the uk. he was told that he would have to pay approximately £200 of that £1000 in fees to be able to do this. I could not believe my ears when she told me. This is just disgusting greed by the banks......no surprises there. Has anyone on here used paypal to do this. I have only done a little ebaying myself and never bought from outside the uk, so not too sure what the rules and fees are. if anyone can help shed any light on this then please post on here as i need to solve this asap. thanks.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_lucy

Hey there frankspencer,

Welcome to the UK community forum.

On a payment the highest fee you could pay is 4.4% + 0.20p. This includes the receiving fee and the cross boarder fee depending on the currency used to send and receive the payment. The 4.4% + 0.20p is broken down as follows:

The cross boarder fee is 1% and applies when receiving payments into your PayPal account from another country.

The receiving fee is 3.4% + 0.20p. This however does not apply if the payment is send as a personal payment using the bank account or PayPal balance as the funding source. If you use a debit or credit card the fee will still be applied.

So from a payment of £1000, the highest fee of 4.4% + 0.20p would be £44.00 GBP.

The currency conversion rates are checked on a regular basis and can change daily.  Here's how to view our exchange rates:

1. Go to www.paypal.co.uk and log in to your account.
  2. Click 'Profile' near the top of the page.
  3. Select ‘My Money’.
  4. In the ‘PayPal balance’ section, click ’Currencies’ and follow the instructions in the ‘Currency Exchange’ box.

You will see the exchange rate during the transaction.

I hope this helps.

Login to Me Too

intexpo
Contributor
Contributor

what cross boarder fee will be charged for 100 CHF  service on my web site I want receive payment in chf from swiss customer price for switzerland  is 150 CHF, for EU countries 125 EUR and for US 125 USD I dont want use convertor but only 3 shopping cart with servicess and 70GBP for England.  I'm in England

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.